Hillclimb News Letter

britracer89

Hillclimb News Letter

Post by britracer89 »

We need a news letter. Once upon a time there was a news letter actually printed on paper and mailed to members. Then it went to an email and then to nothing but the forum. Oh...and before I go farther, for those that have been around longer than I, I was told there was telegram before paper and smoke signal before telegram ;)

I have noticed no one is writing / reporting on the events taking place within the events. For example: I very sadly was not able to attend the last Burke hillclimb. I want to now things like who had the most air at chk 1, did the blenders come out for margaritas on saturday night, who slept in the middle of the road, who recieved the hard luck award for the weekend (used to be a mystery bottle of beverage maybe supplied by Earl H )? These are the things people want to know! :P
sachilles

Re: Hillclimb News Letter

Post by sachilles »

I'm not volunteering to write a news letter, but I'll post up a summary from my perspective in the Burke thread if that helps with hill climb withdrawal.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sdwarf36

Re: Hillclimb News Letter

Post by sdwarf36 »

I used to. Mainly for the benafit of Mike W. + Bob D.-who both did a fantastic job when they were doing it. Problem being- even though I may drive fast-and talk fast, but I can't type or form a meaningful sentence fast. :( I'd have to think about what I was gonna say for a day, then it would take me a couple of hours to type it up. :oops:
I'm all for it-as long as it ISN'T ME that has to write it. ;)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.