How do you know when to call it a day?

KevinGale

Re: How do you know when to call it a day?

Post by KevinGale »

sdwarf36 wrote: And those butterflies? Cherish them. One day they'll go away-along with some of the excitement. The anticipation is part of the game.
Bill Rutan said much the same thing.
Chief Geek
AntiSpam: No

Post by Chief Geek »

As a rookie, I'm not giving up any passes up the hill, hoping to fulfill the Bauman Theorem* as quickly as possible.

The butterflies have been manageable. I agree with Sherman that they're part of the fun.

The last run tends to stick in my head too, so, I've been trying to set myself up for success at the end of Sunday. At Burke, my goal on Sun PM was to run times close to my best but with less drama. While I didn't improve on my best time on Sun PM, I did prove that I could run in the 1:52s & 1:53s without taking much risk.

I'll work on going faster next time.

Paul

* "You can't "know" a hill until you've made 30 passes on it" - S.B.
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
BugEyeRex

Post by BugEyeRex »

I'm done when control ends it unless I'm tired or the lighting is really messing with me. Usually the being tired goes along with overheated. If I'm not improving my last run or two is a dialed back fun run. At Ascutney I take all the runs I can since I have seen that hill the least because of my transmission or the event conflicts with work.
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)