Where would this car classify? can it?

rydz
AntiSpam: No

Where would this car classify? can it?

Post by rydz »

Ok Guys

its -35C here in Montreal and since going outside causes body parts to freeze,I figured I would stay indoors and dream up a new way to spend money I dont have on cars.

So here is my question(s)

This afternoon I was trying to decide what I might want to focus on trying this year,I had previously thought about joining you at a Hillclimb event,but life always gets in the way unless you make that a priority.

I have a car (good so far) that I had purchased to try drifting with (I am 48 years old,drifting hard core does not seem to stay latched in my mind,cant do it well) tried it for awhile and I give massive props to those that do,we have great guys doing that here in Montreal and I enjoy watching,I just cant seem to "want" to hold the car at that extreme angle,and honestly you have to pound on the car something fierce,clutch kicks,all sorts....all of this takes a massive toll on the car. Things break...alot.

So I now have a caged car that is mainly streetable,it was previously used in Japan and built to D1 street legal specs. The dash pad is there,door panels,most of the center console,radio ect ect.but no carpets,rear seats that sort of thing.

The cage is a safety 21 bolt in cage,6 point with door bars,2 FIA sparco seats,and both the OEM seat belts and some 5 point belts I installed using the OEM anchor points.

The engine has been swapped and worked over a bit,but its a stock gearbox and I welded the OEM diff after the 2 way broke (see above re: breakage).

All in all a fun to drive car,but not a ton of places to drive it,some suspension mods (coilovers,tension rods, some of the arms are aftermarket but to the OEM mounts) and some brake upgrades (front rotor and calipers are aftermarket big brakes).

How would this classify with NEHA, its not a domestic chassis,but it is street legal here in Canada,

Are bolt in Cages allowed?

Its a 2WD Skyline R32, so a glorified Nissan 240 (I like it though) runs pretty good (have to figure out the turbo issues though, again see above re:breakage),no crazy tires on it cheap street rubber really.

I have done some lapping with it,and thats good fun,just wanted to find other "uses" for it rather than looking at it.

It is not crazy fast,but fun to drive, so ...can I play with you sometime??

Thanks

Paul

Montreal
sachilles

Re: Where would this car classify? can it?

Post by sachilles »

There is a classification worksheet you can use on the hillclimb.org website under the rules section.

Long story short, don't put too much thought in to where you class, just go over the safety rules and make sure you have those covered. Your class will get covered.
If the car is street legal, you will likely be in SP2 or SP4.

Basically, make sure you have a helmet that is legal by our standards.
An ABC fire extinguisher, with metal bracket.
Make sure your drivers door doesn't have bare metal to catch your arm on.
Make sure you have sfi rated roll bar padding on the bars near where your head is.

We want you on the hill, so we'll help you get there if you show up and have the basics of safety covered.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
minirally

Post by minirally »

No matter what class you are, you are there to have fun and meet great people who love this kind of sport(like me). No money to win ,any class you are,just have fun,and the one you have to beat...it,s you ;) Safety...safety and safety...and ready to have fun !!
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared
Mopar 151w2

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Is that the kind of "6 point roll cage" that's a single hoop with front & rear braces? They call this one an "8point"!
This is pretty much the minimum we would consider as a cage: Image, and we certainly like the dash bar, 2nd door bar, and front downtubes, as in the 12 pt. kitImage

Jegs sells upgrade kits for their cages- as do Autopower and Kirk (more places for "research"!), like so:
I do know a "secret" method of adding the front/top bars to an existing roll bar without displacing the main hoop
Photo of the older style single gussettop corner - new style is better for thinwall tubing.

All pictures and graphics are intended as examples only.Image