Which events need volunteers the most?

drummingpariah
AntiSpam: No

Which events need volunteers the most?

Post by drummingpariah »

I have several friends that have expressed an interest in volunteering (all first-time volunteers) but would only be able to make it out for 2-3 events. Based on what I heard last year, some events were really short on volunteers, and others had 'more than enough' (I'm not sure there is such a thing as 'too many'). I'm trying to get a feel for which events I should recommend them coming out for to make sure all the safety checks are populated. Recommendations?
kindabratty328

Re: Which events need volunteers the most?

Post by kindabratty328 »

In my opinion, the events that present the biggest challenges in bringing out volunteers are the hillclimbs at Burke and Mt. Philo. Both are a bit of a trek for most, and Mt. Philo is in mid October and the weather sometimes proves to be less than perfect (by some standards). The more volunteers at an event, the smoother the event runs, so general thought is the more the better. We would welcome your friends with open arms at any and all events. :D :D
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Events where rain is in the forecast often suffer from lack of workers and drivers.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

sachilles wrote:Events where rain is in the forecast often suffer from lack of workers and drivers.
That follows logic, and is a tougher one to solve. Philo has pretty good camping options though, based on what I saw this year.
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

Philo has pretty good camping options though, based on what I saw this year.
Burke also has excellent camping facilities with showers onsite. Maybe your friends should just come to all the hills to check them out ;)
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

kindabratty328 wrote:... Maybe your friends should just come to all the hills to check them out ;)
That would be great, but what I don't want is to have everyone who actually shows up to show up for the first event or two, and have that be it. Even if I only have three or four friends show up to help, I'd prefer to spread them out a little.
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

If people want to run the long hill at Ascutney it requires many more volunteers.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com