PRICE

Mopar 151w2
AntiSpam: No

Re: PRICE

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Short answer on volunteering - SHOW UP EARLY, LOOK FOR THE WORKER MEETING. Bring a lawn chair, layer of clothes, your fave bug dope.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Along with lunch, there is even free beer at the end of the day for workers!
Even though there are a bunch of people on the reserved numbers list, that doesn't mean they all show up at the same time. 40 entries is a good average.
And believe me-what it cost YOU to enter is what it costs US to hold the event. No promoters making out here. No paying spectators-no contigencies-no sponsors-100% volenteer workers + club staff.
Funny thing-when the economy was at its worse, our car count increased! Racers from other series found out what a good value we actually are.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

diesel2wd wrote:ok, if I didn't want to drive, since i straight up cannot afford it right now, how would I go about volunteering?
Excellent question! First, make sure you have everything you need to get a good night's sleep on the side of a mountain (decent camping gear or a camper). Coffee and donuts are generally provided to workers in the morning, but don't let that be the only thing holding you up until lunch. In an ideal world, we start running cars up the hill shortly after dawn on Saturday and Sunday, so be ready for early mornings. If you live near any of the hills, you may not need to camp at all.

Definitely read through the Worker Tip Sheet. You'll be paired with an experienced worker, but it certainly won't hurt to have some idea of what worker responsibilities are ahead of time.

Look through the schedule of events for the season. If you can work Saturday or Sunday, that's great. If you can work both, that's excellent. If you can show up on Friday afternoon and help with pre-setup, that's even better.

In short, you've already done most of what's needed to volunteer. The next step is to show up to an event.
Super1303

Post by Super1303 »

Seriously, I did my first climb last season in an Aveo(wicked fast). Best $160.00 I ever spent!
I'm trying , trying, too budget $1000.00 for this season ,for entry's, and get my car done.
Looks like I'll be there with ya as a worker, but it's all good you get the best seat!(to watch. Best seat is in-car...) :)
Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Mopar 151w2 wrote:Short answer on volunteering - SHOW UP EARLY, LOOK FOR THE WORKER MEETING. Bring a lawn chair, layer of clothes, your fave bug dope.
What he said. Meeting is usually around 7:15am daily. Get a wrist band from the registrar for the event, sign the waiver and attend the meeting. Bring a chair, and try to avoid the color red.
Watch the cars go by until lunch, get a free lunch, then watch some more cars go by.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
diesel2wd

Post by diesel2wd »

I wont need camping gear, I live 10 minutes away in Charlestown nh ;)
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

diesel2wd wrote:I wont need camping gear, I live 10 minutes away in Charlestown nh ;)
Sounds like an invitation, if I ever heard one. Hey guys, nobody has to camp this year! We're all staying at diesel2wd's place.
Mopar 151w2

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Dude, I'm from Charlestown, and I've been going to Ascutney since '77 - I've slept at Mom's maybe twice. That free beer thing gets rollin', a couple shots of what Drumming Pariah is sippin' on, and the trip across the river just looks a little too long.
diesel2wd

Post by diesel2wd »

lol, cool, guess ill see you there. and I got reamed by the gf for this one but im gonna be there Friday sat and sun.
diesel2wd

Post by diesel2wd »

looks like im not going to make it today, definitely be there tomorrow and sunday. stupid me told my boss id work today without looking at the calendar.