So......

sachilles

So......

Post by sachilles »

3 more months until Ascutney.

Not sure I can wait that long.

Who else is planning to run multiple events this year?

Fingers crossed, both Ascutney's and Philo do not appear to have a work conflict, and Scrappy went to hibernation in a race ready state.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
RacingFrog
AntiSpam: No

Re: So......

Post by RacingFrog »

The plan is to run both Okemos and Burkes.
The lady wasn't pleased with Ascutney as the split between groups made is very unfriendly to dual driver cars (everybody in A group that causes traffic jams at the bottom and the top, no fam run for B group, long waiting time and even last run canceled on Sunday). Plus the road is very bad after the bridge, so if we don't here about changes to the event, there will probably be a veto that I won't be able to overrule since it's her car!
Might try Philo in the STI this year, but that's too early to tell, we'll see where we are at at the end of the summer!

In the meantime, ice racing is good to get to learn the car :)
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
Super1303

Post by Super1303 »

I am I am!!! I hear ya. The winter is taking a toll on my "I love winter!!" mode....
I can't wait for spring and to maybe run both those hills I might wait on Philo too run Ascutney, bumps and all. :P
But Burke and Okemo are a definite this year.
Three months seems like enough time but it ain't, I better get my tranny done and engine and....

Hows those Rotary's coming BTW? You Know who you are, better have em! ;)
Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

I don't know WHAT you're talking about, Evan. I should be bringing a pair of spinning triangles to every event. If that doesn't work for some reason, I'll bring the red-on-white Miata out again. Now I have some new cameras to bring as well, hopefully we can get workers on each corner to run them!

As soon as I see a firm schedule, I'll get time off of work for all the events.
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

Too cold in my shop, aka barn, to do anything on the mod yet. So instead I bought a cheap motorcycle (assembly required). :D I'm a glutton for projects.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

Hehe me too on the bike project... project sickness with no cure in sight

I'm itching to do some racing. Hope to make 4 or 5 events if possible, but life seems to get in the way a lot lately.

The diesel soot shooter will be there as much as possible..
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

I hear ya on the racing itch, I'm planning on at least 5 events this year. What did you get for a bike?
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

just a commuter, for fun, bike...that is free from my Stepbrother and in a box. It's an XS400. Actually a complete bike without carbs, then a box full of another bike and some carbs...going to make something simplistic and fun to beat on and sip fuel

...although this warmer weather got me into my garage and I cut the hood bigger for a new IC on the rabbit..
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

dsldubn wrote:just a commuter, for fun, bike...that is free from my Stepbrother and in a box. It's an XS400. Actually a complete bike without carbs, then a box full of another bike and some carbs...going to make something simplistic and fun to beat on and sip fuel

...although this warmer weather got me into my garage and I cut the hood bigger for a new IC on the rabbit..
My XS650 was one of my favorite bikes I had ever owned. They're simple, easy to maintain, kickstart, and fairly economical. I found that both the XS400 and XS650 were a bit heavy. I also didn't love the seats on them, so I picked up a CB350 seat and welded some new mounts to the XS. That made it a lot more comfortable, but it could be a very different story for you since you're taller than I am.
sciroccohp

Post by sciroccohp »

weird my first bike was an XS850 H and when I totaled that I used the parts to fix up an XS750. fun bikes, I miss having a motorcycle.