2009 Rule Changes

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: 2009 Rule Changes

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Oh, I was thinking it was 8V. I still like those cars.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

-----Original Message-----
To: SCCVermont@aol.com
Sent: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 2:01 am
Subject: rule

Hello all. The intent of the rule i proposed was to seperate AWD and 2WD cars. A U3 and SP3 car could not bump into U2 or SP2. U2 ,U4,SP2, SP 4 is 2WD cars only. I don't think there is a U6 or SP6 AWD car so that doesn't present a problem if a 1.8 Subaru AWD car which is actually a U5 or SP5 car did want to bump up he would have to go to U3 or SP3. I think now Kevins idea about a U1 U1A class would be easier wording. I don't know if it could be changed to that now or not but if not we can just change it next year to that with voting approval. Then it would be U1=AWD , and U1A=2WD , SP1=AWD , SP1A=2WD.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Rotary#5 wrote:Well,

It appears that that phrase “able to bump to any higher class” is the problem.

1 2 3 4 is easy to decide what is higher.

Perhaps 2 new class categories are needed.

2WD S, 4WD S, 2WD U, and 4WD U.

Now we have numbers again,

Next year we may want to setup separate classes for U and S AWD cars. Or maybe someone can take a stab at restructuring the classes so we don't need to have separate classes.

I've got a question out with Don about bumping. What we want to do is to not say that some classes are AWD classes. We just want to specify which classes are 2WD. That leaves the other classes open to any car that fits. So if you have a current 2WD S1 car you could run in S1 or S2 but if you have a current S1 AWD car you can only run in S1 since S2 would be limited to 2WD.

I
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Rules have been posted (thanks to Kevin Gale for being able to read minds to understand our intent and then typing it up in a document)