any cyber monday deals on head and neck restraints?

KevinGale

Re: any cyber monday deals on head and neck restraints?

Post by KevinGale »

sachilles wrote:So it's easy to connect the tethers to the helmet, with the helmet on?
Easy isn't the word I would use but it's not too bad. My space is really tight with the seat with the surround head brace. It doesn't really bother me but sometimes it takes several seconds to get one side or the other to connect other times it's a second or two. I'm getting better at it. In the overall scheme of things it's not a big deal. Getting into the car and getting all the safety gear in place and connected takes a while these days.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

sdwarf36 wrote:Thats a smoking deal Seth. Kevin + I can give you "how to get dressed" lessons.
finally got around to drilling the holes in my helmet. Got the thing all tried on in the house.
Word to the wise from someone who probably ate too many lead paint chips as a kid. When you first try it on with your helmet in the house, don't think that bathroom mirror is going to help you connect the teathers. :lol:
If you've seen me back up a trailer, you'll understand what I'm getting at. Just close your eyes and lean your head straight back.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

sachilles wrote: Word to the wise from someone who probably ate too many lead paint chips as a kid. When you first try it on with your helmet in the house, don't think that bathroom mirror is going to help you connect the teathers. :lol:
Yeah I can see how that would make things worse. Probably goes from difficult to near impossible.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

A trick a drag racer told me (I haven't tried it yet though) put a small wire tie around the ring on the helmet--knob facing in. It keep it off the helmet just a bit-makes it easier to grab.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Seth... you should be able to get into your car with helmet and HANS on....

Personally, I don't try to sit in the seat first when getting into the car. Head first, right foot in with body over center of the car (like I'm trying to get over to the passenger side), then left foot in, pivot, and sit. Essentially, I am 100% in the car and all I have to do is sit down.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
TronDD

Post by TronDD »

Went to attach mine yesterday...I had asked because my helmet came pre-drilled for a HANS. I was told, and read elsewhere that the HANS holes would be fine. Will those holes are like a half inch. The hybrid wants 3/16th. Now I'm not sure what to do...

Tim.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Steve, you absolutely can get in while wearing a Hans, just more of a pain with a full face helmet. The process of get organized with co driver stuff, hooking into intercom, can add to the challenge. I prefer to get strapped in first, so it's easier to see everything, and put helmet on near the end of the process.
Tron, try giving Charles a call/email at safe drives, he must have encountered this with his rental fleet before.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
smokey15

Post by smokey15 »

Any new deals on head and neck restraints? How about deals on used? Is it feasible to share a device at a hill climb?
Smokey
Mopar 151w2

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Racing Junk.com usually has a deal or 2. They are about as sharable as a helmet, as long as both the parties are similar/size/build.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

smokey15 wrote:Any new deals on head and neck restraints? How about deals on used? Is it feasible to share a device at a hill climb?
Smokey
No reason you can't share.... planning on driving Junior's car?
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com