2013 pike's Peak

Chief Geek
AntiSpam: No

2013 pike's Peak

Post by Chief Geek »

Is anyone going to Pike's this year?

I may get all ambitious at the last minute and go as a spectator. If so, I'll happily help any NEHA'er in any way I can.

Paul

PS I'm calling it. This guy either blows up or sets a new record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... DcGROY51ZA
1700 lb and 900 hp sounds very "exciting". Also, the loose nut behind the wheel seems like he's pretty good at this driving thing. ;)
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
walterclark

Re: 2013 pike's Peak

Post by walterclark »

"this guy" has been around a bend or 2 in his life...
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

We are currently debating his course time if the car stays healthy(over on neha facebook).

I'm pretty sure he'll be as close to the limits of physics as humanly possible.

Can't help but wonder what times he would do at our hills in that beast, or even better in the Daewoo.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Chief Geek
AntiSpam: No

Post by Chief Geek »

Walter
Sorry my emoticon sarcasm doesn't come across well. Even though Citroen is a very strong team, I'm betting you can't win 9 (consecutive?) WRC championships without being "pretty good".

Seth
I don't do facebook, but I'd love to see what times people are predicting. Hmmm...
- Jamie was about 12:00 w/ hp ranging from 300 to 100
- Rhys Millin was 9:45-ish with, I'd guess, 500
- Loeb in a much lighter car and 800+ hp...

I'll guess 7:45 or DNF. I'm betting that his Peugot is similar to a Group B rally car in that there are no small "incidents".

No doubt Loeb can set a record that no one will touch until they plug someone like Tom Christensen into an LMP car.

Paul

PS Thinking about it, the organizers could even things out by applying a hill-climb-specific "index of performance".
- A total novice like me gets to run on a nice day in June with the mountain to myself.
- Experienced ametures like Jamie also run in June but they'd let a dozen RVs go at 1 minute intervals just before his run.
- Kind-of-professionals like Rhys Millen would get their timed run in the fall when there's 6"+ of snow on the road.
- Well funded pro's like the Loeb/Peugot/RedBull program run in February where the snow is so deep they have to make their own tunnel. Pace notes would be very important.
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)