Missing all the fun

SevenhundredS
AntiSpam: No

Missing all the fun

Post by SevenhundredS »

Alas and a alack, I'm missing the summer fun waiting for a tool and some parts. The beauty and the down side of a classic car. Can't wait to get in another event.
Tool: M19 x 1.0 bolt to pull the centrifugal advance off. Parts: well depends but a clutch bearing clip and similar little ditties...Now wondering if the slightly wider guibos are going to cause too much pressure on the drive train...? I'd rather be driving it but, I'm having fun tinkering.
https://plus.google.com/photos/10802876 ... 4900131009
sachilles

Re: Missing all the fun

Post by sachilles »

We'd much rather have you there with a working car, but you can come along with out it. Hope the gremlins don't cause you too much trouble.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

SevenhundredS wrote:Alas and a alack, I'm missing the summer fun waiting for a tool and some parts. The beauty and the down side of a classic car. Can't wait to get in another event.
Tool: M19 x 1.0 bolt to pull the centrifugal advance off. Parts: well depends but a clutch bearing clip and similar little ditties...Now wondering if the slightly wider guibos are going to cause too much pressure on the drive train...? I'd rather be driving it but, I'm having fun tinkering.
https://plus.google.com/photos/10802876 ... 4900131009
Contact fellow hillclimber Joe Warner at Max BMW Portsmith NH. store. The do awsome old BMW bikes resto's. I'd bet a nickel since your motor isn't far off a similar year bike, they just might have one.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
linc44

Post by linc44 »

^^This^^ Sherm beat me to it.

If Max BMW has one and you plan on heading to Okemo, I live 10 minutes from there. I can easily pick it up and take it with me this weekend (or any time really).
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Lincoln-did anyone tell you we have one of your door numbers?
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
linc44

Post by linc44 »

Speaking of the title of this thread (missing), no they didn't. Thank you so much!
SevenhundredS

Post by SevenhundredS »

Max BMW was one of the first calls I made. They did not have the part, though I may have misidentified it to them. I think when I spoke to them I asked for a M16 x 1.0 when it is actually a 19mm x 1.0 and seems to be a more common size used for motorcycles flywheel pullers. (incidentally it is also a common collet chuck size for you machinist types: ER16.)

Maybe I'll be up in running in time for Okemo II.