Speedway Expo

britracer89

Speedway Expo

Post by britracer89 »

As Sherm stated at the NEHA meeting I am looking for people to help man the booth at Speedway Expo in Springfield, MA Feb 28, March 1 & 2. This is to promote New England Hillclimb Series. However, you could also promote your other club events out side of hillclimbs while you are there.

So far we have one volunteer with a car to display (assuming he has it back together by then). We have room for 1 or 2 other cars to show. Please let me know ASAP if you think you could volunteer to help with the booth or supply a car to show or both. I need to submit the ticket forms by Feb 11. If you tend the booth you get free ticket and if you supply a car you get 2 weekend tickets.

So how about it. Let's all pitch in so we can all continue with the great sport of hillclimbing without adding additional costs. If we can increase our entry numbers we can keep entry costs low.

Thank you, Brian Dennis britracer89@yahoo.com(401)440-9454
KevinGale

Re: Speedway Expo

Post by KevinGale »

Kelly and I will be there Brian. Just tell us if Sat or Sunday is better. Some of both of also possible. Last year I worked the booth Sat night and most of Sunday.
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

Thanks Kevin. Will get back to you on which day needs more coverage.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Unsure if I can make it (I might be in DC starting the 28th of Feb). If I am around, I hope to be able to come down and can fill in as needed. I would not have a car available as I would not have time to get it down to MA with the pending trip to DC.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

We'll take Fri set up +Sunday teardown. We have the posters from last time and Michele can print the handouts.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Hey Brian. The head work has progressed without a hitch and I expect to have the head itself reassembled today. I am hoping to have the race clutch and PP here by the weekend or early next week so it is looking positive that I will have the car back together enough to bring it.

Question for anyone that knows. I seem to recall Sherm saying the fuel has to be drained before vehicles can be brought into the exhibition building. Is that correct? I plan to drive the car onto the trailer at both ends of this trip and just want to plan accordingly.
The older I get the better I was.
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

I beleive they prefer drained but accept sealed. Last time I duct taped the fuel cell cap and capped the vent. That should work. I just scaned through the paperwork I have and acually found nothing on the topic this year.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I can't speak to the question in terms of what the Expo requires, I do know that when we had our Performance Car Show at a local mall, we got two different instructions (depending on the year), both of which included locking or taping off the access to the fuel cap.

1. 1/2 full (to reduce the air space/vapor)
2. 100% full (for the same reason)
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

Just confirmed with Speedway about fuel in the cars. Fuel systems need to be sealed. So in case of fuel cell tape the fill cap and cap the vent. Walter if you need more info just let me know. I will be forwarding event passes/tickets info for those that volunteered as soon as I get it.

And... thanks to those that have currently volunteered.

Steve - could you post a little something on the web site about Speedway Expo? Maybe the web link. Not sure how difficult that is to do. Thanks
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Brian,
Were you planning on being there in time for set up on Friday? Just wondering about things like table-tv-vcr-'stenshun cords etc.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.