NEHA: 2015 Season Rules Submission - Now with 2015 posted!

walterclark

Re: NEHA: 2015 Season Rules Submission

Post by walterclark »

I too appreciate Steve taking on the job of collecting and publishing proposals ahead of these rules meeting and think it is not his responsibility or desirable for him to post all proposals as they arrive with him. There is nothing preventing anyone from posting their proposal (or ideas for a proposal) in the rules discussions here if they want to begin an unrestricted dialogue ahead of the official proposal submission deadline and rules meeting.

However, topics that require a good deal of technical expertise to sort out can easily be dragged off into the weeds this way. In my opinion it is probably better for authors of more complex proposals if they pick and choose the experts they want to get input from and keep it offline during this time so they can focus on developing a succinct document.
The older I get the better I was.
jkale

Post by jkale »

walterclark wrote:I too appreciate Steve taking on the job of collecting and publishing proposals ahead of these rules meeting and think it is not his responsibility or desirable for him to post all proposals as they arrive with him. There is nothing preventing anyone from posting their proposal (or ideas for a proposal) in the rules discussions here if they want to begin an unrestricted dialogue ahead of the official proposal submission deadline and rules meeting.
I am pretty sure Steve picked up on my sarcasm. I guess everyone else didn't.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I rec'd two proposals from Emmanuel, three from Kiwi, and one from John Reed. (John mentioned there might be an update coming)
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:I rec'd two proposals from Emmanuel, three from Kiwi, and one from John Reed. (John mentioned there might be an update coming)
I will be arriving toward the end of the meeting as I'll be RallyXing in Canaan on the 7th. I guess the proposals can be discussed without me as they have already been debated here (1. kill switch and 2. air horn if you have a kill switch). I'll try to do my best to be there though.

See you in 2 weeks!
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Yes, good point. All rules proposals will be brought before the group for action.

Whomever is MC'ing the event, he/she will mention each rule and ask for a motion.

As long as someone makes a motion to bring the rule before the group, it will be discussed and voted (if moved to vote).

The quick reference on Roberts Rules: http://www.robertsrules.org/

The person who submitted the rules does not need to be present for motion, discussion, vote, etc.

I hope to get all the proposals posted tonight at the above link (my first post).

Just need one point of clarification from JOHN REED..... just want to make sure that the cage rule that he sent to me was replaced with what Kiwi sent to me. I believe this is the case, but just wanted to make sure.

All my love,
Steve
;)
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Whew... done.

8 pages of reasons to drink. See first post in this thread.

Within each section, the proposals are listed in the order they were submitted to me.

Read your proposal to ensure that I did not inadvertently change something.

Steve
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Updated rules document to remove the second cage submission per the request of Jamie.

The document should be 7 pages now. If you have a longer document, click the reload button.

Steve
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Rules have been posted to the site.

http://www.hillclimb.org/rulesregs.html

(you might have to reload the page to see the latest)

Big thanks for Kevin Gale for putting the results of the rules meeting into the proper format.... lots of time/effort goes into that!

Steve
Rabbit Farmer

Re: NEHA: 2015 Season Rules Submission - Now with 2015 poste

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Also.... anyone want to take a crack at updating the classification worksheet (Excel file)? Currently, the 2015 link goes to the 2014 version, but I added a warning message to the spreadsheet.

Steve
KevinGale

Re: NEHA: 2015 Season Rules Submission - Now with 2015 poste

Post by KevinGale »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Also.... anyone want to take a crack at updating the classification worksheet (Excel file)? Currently, the 2015 link goes to the 2014 version, but I added a warning message to the spreadsheet.

Steve
I don't think anything actually changed on it. It doesn't seem to have any adjustments for rotary displacements built in. I think you can get the renamed copy from the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ne6nwugzr6fg ... t.xls?dl=0