2013 Rules Proposals

Terry.Murphy
AntiSpam: No

2013 Rules Proposals

Post by Terry.Murphy »

----------------------------------------------

HERE are the official rules submissions for the 2013 season.

----------------------------------------------

It is that time of year again to think about changes that you would like to see in the NEHA series to improve our events.

If you know of someone that doesn't have email and/or web access, please contact us at the above e-mail address with their proposal or send an e-mail with their contact information and we will contact them via phone.

Deadline: Proposal are accepted up to Jan 1 2013
On Jan 15 2013, we will post a .PDF of all proposals to be heard at the NEHA Rules Meeting.

Submission Process:
Three methods to submit a proposal; e-mail me at twmiv@gmx.com and title it "NEHA Rules Proposal", send me a private message, snail mail.

Snail mail submissions are accepted if postmarked by Dec 15th 2012:
Terry Murphy
20 Gardners Grove Rd.
Belmont NH 03220

(make sure to supply contact information so that I can confirm with you that your proposal as rec'd)

Submit one proposal per e-mail or PM using the following format. This is how the proposal will be read at the meeting:

1) Your name(s)
2) E-mail address for each name(s) associated with this specific proposal (so I know who to contact if I have questions)
3) Rule type (General Regulations, Classification, Technical Regulations)
4) Rule section letter or number
5) Your proposal exactly how you would like to see it written in the rules (may be a deletion)
6) Optional but helpful, please include a brief description of your thoughts behind your proposal.

Example:
Frankie Slowpokeski (TurtleRacing@aol.com)
General Regulations
5. General / B. Fuel System / Section 3
Change "metal can" to "can made of old milk cartons"
My thinking on this matter is that blah blah blah.

Thanks for the help and I hope to see proposals soon! Have a great Thanksgiving everybody!

-Terry
2010 Subaru Forester DD
1996 Legacy Outback Wagon - Winter Beater
2001 Impreza RS - Project Autox/Hillclimb/Track Car
Terry.Murphy

Re: 2013 Rules Proposals

Post by Terry.Murphy »

No submissions yet!
2010 Subaru Forester DD
1996 Legacy Outback Wagon - Winter Beater
2001 Impreza RS - Project Autox/Hillclimb/Track Car
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Terry.Murphy wrote:No submissions yet!
Everything will come in days before the deadline.....
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Wouldn't it be nice to have no changes and we could just skip the rules meeting. :)
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

anyone want to help me hash an idea out?

I'm trying to think of a way to motivate drivers to work an event if their car dies, and the daewoo isn't available. Something along the lines of getting credit for last place overall if driver works an event. Rationale being that hitting 5 out of 6 or 7 events is often kind of tough for many. Giving an option to get class and king of the hill points for working when you are unable to drive. I'm thinking something along the lines of if you work the day, you get a time of the last place car +30 seconds.
This way you end up with something other than a 0.000. This would be extended to any driver regardless if their car was entered and then DNF'd, or if they left the car at home and just decided to work the event.

Looking at class standing and such there are many classes that only had one class finisher for points. This way you get a few more in there to make things interesting. Somebody who competes in 5 events will not be in jeopardy of losing the class to someone that has substituted worker points as those worker points are substantially lower.

The benefit to an entrant who's car crapped out, is they end up with a 0.300 or similar in the standings rather than a 0.000

Sort of thinking out loud, not married to the idea. Trying to encourage a few more drivers to give working a try.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

sachilles wrote:I'm trying to think of a way to motivate drivers to work an event if their car dies, and the daewoo isn't available. ...The benefit to an entrant who's car crapped out, is they end up with a 0.300 or similar in the standings rather than a 0.000
Not sure that helps enough to matter. I was a person who could have received these points last year when my car broke at Burke. However to be any use to me my time would have had to have been better than the slowest person in the class. Anything less than that and I have to drop it to have any chance at winning. Any low point amount is only going to put you ahead of someone else who didn't get any points. Anyone who finished the minimum amount of events is going to be far ahead.

Basically I don't see it being much of a motivation. It would be a "If I work I might get 6th place in class for the year instead of 7th"
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

I could see it mattering if it means showing up in the season points at all. Say you can only make5 events in a year and the fifth one your car dies on saturday. Now you don't even get season points.
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

3rdgendennis wrote:I could see it mattering if it means showing up in the season points at all. Say you can only make5 events in a year and the fifth one your car dies on saturday. Now you don't even get season points.

But we already have that. Even a DNS at an event can be used to qualify for points. So you just have to enter and show up at the event to qualify. So for example if you needed 5 events to qualify and you won 4 and had a DNS in the fifth you would be in the final points results with a 4.0. That is better than not being in the points but anyone who finished five events will still beat you. If instead of getting a 4.0 you got a 4.3 it's not really going to make any difference.

I like Seth's idea of encouraging people to work if their car breaks but I just don't think this will do it.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I'm also suggesting that if you find out few days before an event your car is busted, and you come work instead that you get that point credit. Supports scenarios of busted cars, and those who's wallet profits them from attending, but still have the time.
Trying to accomplish two things:
1-Motivate drivers to work events the don't drive in.
2-Be more inclusive in the points series. There are many classes where only one driver qualifies.

I'm trying to do it in away were someone utilizing this option won't pass someone who has driven the minimum events.

Number two could be accomplished by reducing the minimum events to qualify.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

In recent years things have been made worse by KSCC losing the second Burke. That means instead of being able to drop two events we can only drop one event and still qualify for points. Getting a second Burke back or adding some other event would also help more people qualify for points.