Reserved # list

linc44
AntiSpam: No

Re: Reserved # list

Post by linc44 »

KevinGale wrote:
linc44 wrote:Kevin,

I know you will be updating it during the season also, but to give you a heads up, I will be switching from #20 to #11 this year. Thanks,

-Lincoln
Done,

The reserved number list posted on the NEHA site however hasn't been updated yet. I'll push an update sometime before the season starts.
Thank you!
Kent Everding

Post by Kent Everding »

KevinGale wrote:
Kent Everding wrote:Michele, Sherm & Kevin,

May I change my number from 109 to 544 ?
Done, although you probably won't see an update on the website until spring when I release an updated list.
Scratch this, I think it will be bad luck if I change my number :?
I would like to stay 109 if possible !?!

Thanks
05 STi #109
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Kent Everding wrote:
KevinGale wrote:
Kent Everding wrote:Michele, Sherm & Kevin,

May I change my number from 109 to 544 ?
Done, although you probably won't see an update on the website until spring when I release an updated list.
Scratch this, I think it will be bad luck if I change my number :?
I would like to stay 109 if possible !?!

Thanks
No problem 109 stays.
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

It's never too early to get ready for the 2015 season, so let's get first in line for reserved numbers for 2015!
Margaret will be driving Lincoln's car and re-use his #11.
I will continue to use #506 in the pesky Vette!

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone!
Manu
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

With the reserved number list, you are on it if you have been using it within the last 2 seasons.

If you get with Lincoln and ask if he doesn't want his number, then it is available.

Technical Regulations:
A registry of permanent numbers will be maintained by the NEHA points
keeper. These numbers will be given preference in assignment for each
event. If a driver is inactive (not working or driving) for more than two years
their number will be removed from the list. An inactive driver can keep their
number on the list for $10.00 per year payable to the New England Sports
Car Club Council. NEHA also reserves the right to retire numbers.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:With the reserved number list, you are on it if you have been using it within the last 2 seasons.

If you get with Lincoln and ask if he doesn't want his number, then it is available.
Steve has it correct. Margaret is welcome to 11 if Lincoln is OK with that. For all I know he is planning on racing with us again in another car and wants to keep the number.
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

KevinGale wrote:
Rabbit Farmer wrote:With the reserved number list, you are on it if you have been using it within the last 2 seasons.

Steve has it correct. Margaret is welcome to 11 if Lincoln is OK with that. For all I know he is planning on racing with us again in another car and wants to keep the number.
So I emailed Lincoln and he said that we could re-use his number, he will not be using #11 this year.
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Hasn't ever been an issue, but I'll put myself down for 164. Thanks!
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

RacingFrog wrote:
KevinGale wrote:

So I emailed Lincoln and he said that we could re-use his number, he will not be using #11 this year.
Great, I'll add Margaret as 11
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Pascal wrote:Hasn't ever been an issue, but I'll put myself down for 164. Thanks!
Actually you already have 164. One of those "just keep using the same number" additions. Most people get on the list not because they request a number they just keep using the same number. After several events (the number varies) I notice the pattern and add them to the list.

In our series it isn't a problem most of the time. The list exists to resolve some conflicts. It's nice if you are a regular to know you can show up with your number on the door of the car and not worry that someone will tell you that you have to change it because some new person showed up and already registered with your number.

It also encourages people to use the same number each time. That is really why I created the list. It results in a lot less data entry if people use the same number each time. Before the list some common numbers would swap cars at almost every event which was a real pain at finish.

Even having the list doesn't fix all the problems. I'm pretty sure one year Alan Dennis ran a different number at every event. I'm still not sure all his runs got correctly assigned. He also kept swapping cars and the numbers weren't always updated on the cars. There was some dispute in the Dennis clan about who was in what car for which run. Alan I think claimed all the fastest runs were his. :D