Reserved # list

Challenger392
AntiSpam: No

Reserved # list

Post by Challenger392 »

In browsing the NEHA website I ran across the reserved # list. I am planning on running a car this year and was wondering how I could get a number (TBD) on the list, and also what the rules/guarantees of said list are. If i put a Number on the list does that mean no one else can use it regardless of whether or not I attend? Or are numbers used for specific events just based on a first come first serve registration basis? Is it required that I am part of any particular club (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC) to be on the reserved # list. Do I have to have competed in the past and/or have completed a certain amount of events? Or can I reserve a # for this season before it starts? I plan on running the full season this year, and should things work out, in many to come.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
sdwarf36

Re: Reserved # list

Post by sdwarf36 »

Challenger392 wrote:In browsing the NEHA website I ran across the reserved # list. I am planning on running a car this year and was wondering how I could get a number (TBD) on the list, and also what the rules/guarantees of said list are. If i put a Number on the list does that mean no one else can use it regardless of whether or not I attend? Or are numbers used for specific events just based on a first come first serve registration basis? Is it required that I am part of any particular club (SCCV, SCCNH, KSCC) to be on the reserved # list. Do I have to have competed in the past and/or have completed a certain amount of events? Or can I reserve a # for this season before it starts? I plan on running the full season this year, and should things work out, in many to come.
Step one: enter.
Step two: tell Michele what number you want at sign in.
Done.
The number is yours unless we know for sure you've quit--or haven't showed up in years.
You will be put in the timing + scoring computer by that number. When you come to the line, it get called up the wire to finish "ready for a start on car number XX" it would be a madhouse if the next race someone besides you would take that same number-so it get "assigned" to you. Even if you change cars, you usually keep that number.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

Thanks. Thats simple and effective. I looked at the list on the NEHA site and considering there are people I saw run last September that are not on that list I think its safe to say it could use an update. Unless there is a list in another location that I dont know about..... anyway Im thinking about the Number 70 unless anyone can think of another driver who has previously used that number.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support

2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I maintain the list. Not sure when the list on the site was last updated. I usually update the actual list a couple times a year. I don't usually add someone to the list until they show up to at least three events. So you can get on the list by just entering and using the same number three times. If you want to reserve a specific number like 70 without entering. Just tell me and I'll add you to the list right away. I need the number and your full name as you want it to appear in the results.

We also have some people who are regulars but for various reasons they swap numbers all the time. I think Allan Dennis one year managed to use a different number at each event. :roll:

In general it makes things go more smoothly if people pick a number and keep it. The software automatically pulls up the last person to use a number so when numbers change we spend some time on Saturday fixing these problems.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Good time to send me an updated list. ;)
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

I'll take 7
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Can I have #13?

Paul Malko
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

Thanks Kevin, if you don't mind I'll take #70 and my full name is Luke Moultroup
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support

2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Challenger392 wrote:Thanks Kevin, if you don't mind I'll take #70 and my full name is Luke Moultroup
Done
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Chief Geek wrote:Can I have #13?

Paul Malko
I'll give it to you but it's conditional on my split times improving. :D Actually since you will be driving this year does that mean split times are on hold?