(2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Chief Geek
AntiSpam: No

Re: (2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Post by Chief Geek »

Does anyone know who was driving the Woo in group 1B on Sunday?

I think Jeff was in it on the fam and I know Steve was driving in 1A.

Don't know about 1B. Walter, maybe?
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
RallyLass

Post by RallyLass »

My Brain hurts from following the theory on that one. But I assume its entirely possible.

http://alass.zenfolio.com/p217195773
Kevin on the start line.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

RallyLass wrote:My Brain hurts from following the theory on that one. But I assume its entirely possible.

http://alass.zenfolio.com/p217195773
Kevin on the start line.
Thanks for that. It looks like it felt. Lots of fun but not much traction.
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Yeay, I got a pile of clips uploaded. I think there are only 2 missing but please point out whom I've missed.

Everything can be found on this playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... MG5vhwqoGX

Paul
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

Thanks for posting Paul. Right wrong or indifferent I take a much different line through there than most. Rather than fight the crown I stay to the outside then "jump" the crown just before the tree. I avoid alit of dartiness(is that a word) but its still hairy. I don't even really have to stear over the crown I pretty much just put a tire over the crown and it takes me to the other side of the road.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Finally, all of the videos are uploaded.

All the clips are, I think, in order and with accurate car numbers in the descriptions. Please point out any errors. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxD-8T2 ... MG5vhwqoGX

Paul
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

I finally resuscitated my server, and have started uploading video.

2013 Ascutney 2 (24 videos so far, still sorting and renaming them by number)

I wrote a simple little script that concatenates piles of videos based on their folder name, and decided to organize videos by car number. I'm working on incorporating some basic Youtube API calls to automatically upload after processing, but haven't gotten around to that yet. Anyone who's taking video at Philo (especially if it's your car) please consider dropping by my laptop and dumping your video files upon me. I'll be happy to organize any media that I can get into shareable clips, since it's all automated at this point. As long as your clips are only one car and I have somewhere to plug my laptop in, I'll have a clip for each car that can be reviewed on Sunday.

Also, bring some storage media (usb drive, SD card, etc) and I'll give a copy of all the footage taken to the car's driver before everyone packs up. I'll make it all available after-the-fact on my server, but based on its recent reliability issues, I'm hesitant to make any promises based on that.

If anyone wants to bring along a projector or tv, let me know what inputs it has and we may be able to have a mini-screening during/before awards.

If I get enough footage (including good audio) of any individual cars, I'd really like to put it together into a production-quality short film. I know two of you expressed interest in sitting down for a short interview, and I think I can make room for one more. If I can afford it, I'll rent a few h4n audio recording devices and bring along my microphones so we can get good audio ... but my funds are getting tied up quickly right now.