(2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Chief Geek
AntiSpam: No

Re: (2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Post by Chief Geek »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:That FAM run makes it look like we are driving really really really slow! It might be because it is so far off the ground.... or we need to drive faster. :mrgreen:
Of course you're driving slow, it's a fam run. You're never supposed to go fast enough that you can lock the brakes going into a hairpin and get the naughty finger-wag by a corner worker. Who would ever do that? ;)

I think the camera was too high too. Next time, I'll put it just above mirror height. I hadn't expected that the camera's profile would stick out so little.

After talking with Jesse, I can't help but wonder what the sound would be like if the audio recording wasn't awful. As limited as it is, I think Pascal's car sounds pretty cool after it passes.

Paul
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Awesome! I haven't heard my car from the outside since simplifying the exhaust. I might be biased, but I agree, sounds nice. Thanks for posting the video.
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

I've added several more people to the Tree-Of-Fear-Cam playlist.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... MG5vhwqoGX
Now, as of 3:15 on Sat, it runs like this:
Fam Run

More are coming, sorry for the wait. In my neighborhood, "broadband" is a relative term.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Darn... if Kevin looks slow, the rest of us are in trouble
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Sounds nice though. Do we know what run this video is from?
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

Watching the video of Kevin you can see thexcar dance a little as he moves over the crown. I'm exited to see what my car sounds like going by the camera.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Yeah you can actually see my car darting around on the road. That is what I'm fighting there. Major contributor to both accidents I've had at Ascutney. The Super Chicken looks like it is on rails. I like that.
Last edited by KevinGale on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RallyLass

Post by RallyLass »

So my wifi died on my when I originally went to post this so I will attempt again to recollect my thoughts.

First I wanted to thank everyone for another great hill climb.

As we were sitting talking for awards I think it would be great to have a "movie" night saturday night. Project some footage onto the side of a trailer from the previous hillclimb and also maybe have a feature presentation (just some thoughts... Quattro Experience, possibly the new movie on Millen and Pikes peak. and others) Two obstacles come to mind when thinking about this. 1 getting footage from everyone and 2 putting it together in some interesting fashion. The first I think can be solved by their being a hillclimb hard drive (I believe someone else mentioned this idea) anyone who wants to contribute to the hillclimb recap videos can have their footage downloaded to the hard drive prior to leaving the event. 2. Someone volunteers to take that hard drive with them and come back to the next hill climb with something to show on saturday night. And I think it could be shared so If I take it after Ascutney I can come to Philo with a recap of Ascutney. Then someone else can take it after Philo if I don't think I have the time or someone else wants to give it a shot. Lastly I think it would be nice to come to the first hillclimb of the year and have a recap of the previous year to show.

On another note, I am trying to put together some footage of the Super Chicken for a sponsor. If you have any video from Okemo 2 or Ascutney 2 or any other hill climb this year and would like to help out Please let me know.

There is a full front view of the record setting run from Okemo.. As for Ascutney ever since I put the camera rear facing and it saw Kevins car behind it the thing won't stop recording..Must have known he was up to something needless to say the rest of the weekend was filled with corrupt files :(
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

RallyLass wrote: As for Ascutney ever since I put the camera rear facing and it saw Kevins car behind it the thing won't stop recording..Must have known he was up to something needless to say the rest of the weekend was filled with corrupt files :(
This is obviously caused by Paul going so fast. On his record run he must have exceeded the speed of light and ripped a hole in the space time continuum. The camera however was affected in a strange way. It exists in the future where my car has crashed but it is also trying to record my car in the past where it is still whole. The result is a corrupt file. If Paul will just stop exceeding the speed limit all will be well again. :D

I wonder if the real cause of my crash was hitting the turbulence from the future vortex forming at the point of the rip?
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

KevinGale wrote:Sounds nice though. Do we know what run this video is from?
All of the tree-of-fear-cam videos are from Sunday, Groups 1A & 1B.

As my computer slowly uploads each clip (via morse-code, judging by the speed) it will appear on my youtube channel. Even though each clip is only 30 sec or so, they're 1080p so not too small. My record is getting 5 clips uploaded in one night. One of the penalties for living in paradise is that the telecom infrastructure is "mature". (2 years ago, they broke up the last party-line phone line in town.)

When a bunch of new clips are uploaded, I'll add them to the playlist and post here.

Paul