(2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

(2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Some photos that I took... very limited.

http://vermontracing.com/1/index.php?/category/71
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
hammer

Re: (2013) Ascutney #2 Photos/Video/Discussion Thread

Post by hammer »

I took a whole bunch of pictures this weekend and should have at least one shot of each car if not a few. Instead of posting them all, let me know your car number if you want them, and I'll post them here.
-Sam
Sam Moultroup
http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/
--------------------
2015 VW GTI
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1985 Honda Nighthawk S
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

I'm still organizing everything from the weekend, but I wanted to share a couple of photos that really stood out as awesome moments while I was taking them. Seeing this kind of driving in this kind of scenery with this weekend's weather is a motorsport photographers' wet dream.

KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

My weekend was mixed. Ran a personal best time that is the fastest 2WD time on the hill in the last 20 years I have of results.

Then I had this "Over the river and through the woods to grandma's house" crash.

I flew several feet over a deep drainage channel. Then I hit the bank on the other side and launched for the woods. However just as I achieved liftoff I found someone had placed a tree in the runway. The front bumper hit it head on when the car was maybe four feet in the air. Then I did a nice 360 degree spin and stuck the landing back on the road facing up the hill. I didn't want Don to have a hard time extracting it. :lol: I think I took out the sign after I hit the tree but I'm not entirely sure things were happening very fast.
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

drummingpariah wrote:I'm still organizing everything from the weekend, but I wanted to share a couple of photos that really stood out as awesome moments while I was taking them. Seeing this kind of driving in this kind of scenery with this weekend's weather is a motorsport photographers' wet dream.

Now there's some body roll :lol:
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

drummingpariah wrote:I'm still organizing everything from the weekend, but I wanted to share a couple of photos that really stood out as awesome moments while I was taking them. Seeing this kind of driving in this kind of scenery with this weekend's weather is a motorsport photographers' wet dream.
Jesse... glad you could make it.

Any photos of 702 (green VW Golf) and 101 (red VW Jetta) would be great... plus video. I will talk with you via a PM so we can have a bit of give and take. I always put together a personal video (in car/track side) after each event to caputre the event.

Thanks
Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Never fly without knowing where you are gonna land. Image
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Shenglehoffer

Post by Shenglehoffer »

Uhh, how's your back, Sherm?
Erik Saunders
Troyer mod (needs a better name)
Death Mod (RIP)
Shenglehöffer E30 (RIP)
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:
Jesse... glad you could make it.

Any photos of 702 (green VW Golf) and 101 (red VW Jetta) would be great... plus video. I will talk with you via a PM so we can have a bit of give and take. I always put together a personal video (in car/track side) after each event to caputre the event.

Thanks
Steve
Steve, I was actually hoping to get a short interview, but timing just didn't end up happening. Maybe next time. I'm especially interested in anyone who races a daily, and it's ALWAYS good to get any female to talk a bit. I find that it helps lower barriers to entry for other women, which is always a good thing.

My girlfriend is just flying back from the biggest roller derby event this year in Virginia, so I don't think I'll have much time to go through footage tonight, but I should have something ready at the end of the week. I'll happily share any footage anyone asks for, but my primary goal is to assemble a short promo video. Anyone who wants to submit footage (incar or otherwise) can just follow these instructions (I'm reposting from my thread):
To anyone who would like to contribute any kind of video, here are your instructions:
1 - Rename your video files. I've been naming them by date and car number, as that seems to give all the necessary information.
2 - Open http://owncloud.uptimefirm.com/ in your browser
3 - Login as hillclimb with the password ascutney
4 - Click to open the ascutney folder
5 - Upload your videos (click the UP arrow, then select your videos that you just renamed)

It's possible that you'll hit a maximum upload size, if you do just PM me or email me at jesse@drivendaily.org with the error message you're getting. I'll be happy to sort it out in short order.
Kent Everding

Post by Kent Everding »

Yikes Kevin, glad you guys are Okay!
KD or KR crashed too?
05 STi #109