Ascutney 2014-2 Fall

HRoundy

Ascutney 2014-2 Fall

Post by HRoundy »

The fall event is 9/12-9/14 this year. Registration is open on MotorsportReg, the direct link is: http://msreg.com/2014FallAscutney
Howard
Kent Everding
AntiSpam: No

Re: Ascutney 2014-2 Fall

Post by Kent Everding »

Is it the short, medium or long course?
05 STi #109
SevenhundredS

Post by SevenhundredS »

So there are actually TWO Ascutney Hillclimb events in September? MAX BMW hosted Sept. 5-7 and NEHA on Sept. 12-14?

Well, regardless, I called the park to get a camping space for Sept. 12-14 and they said to get in touch with Don: Hey Don, can I get either site 23 or 24?
Thanks,
Mike
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I dont think that is exactly right. Don DOES reserve a few campsites for "the usual suspects" around what is called the Playground on the map, but as far as I know, not the whole campground. Besides, Don hardly ever reads this forum so you should probably call him just to be sure.
The older I get the better I was.
SevenhundredS

Post by SevenhundredS »

Yeah, I thought that was an odd answer from the park person. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow unless someone else chimes in here with better info.
Kent Everding

Post by Kent Everding »

If it is more than 15 days until the event/reservation we need to call vermont state parks directly at 888-409-7579. If it is 14 days or less we can call Ascutney directly.
05 STi #109
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

Never ran Ascutney before but I heard the road is pretty bad so no Corvette there. Now we have the option of just running the red Audi or the stock 02 WRX RallyX car (none of them is caged but the Rex has skid plates).
What do you think would be the best choice for the hill? Would the hill be also rough for the Audi that does not have any undercarriage protection?
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Check with Jude, he has run his vette there I believe. Unsure if you run similar suspension.
I think your vette would be fine personally. Otherwise your wrx will do the trick.
The upper part is rough, but I almost think okemo was worse this last go round.
There are bumps that will make a road race suspension feel like the wrong choice, but i don't feel like there is anything that will punch a whole in your oil pan( as long as you stay on the road).
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

To clarify, the bumps are in bad places relative to the racing line. A very stiff suspension is miserable on the upper section. The bumps are in corners or braking zones, so a stiff setup can be a real challenge.
The bumps are confined to a small section, from just before check 7 to the end of the short course.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Watch my video: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1166. Starting at about 3:40 you can see the car and camera change as I start thru the bumpy part. I started running the medium "gravel springs" to try to cope with this part, but even they seem too stiff.

The bumps are not huge, as in bottom crushing, unless you are set below about 3" from the ground but they are relentless - feeling like cobblestone - with a few of the worst at key places in what should be the racing line.
The older I get the better I was.