2014 Ascutney 2 Media Thread

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: 2014 Ascutney 2 Media Thread

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

PS: Note that the sticker is an instant 10hp gain and might bump you up a class!
I will take 30 of these if they can power my rear wheels.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

Unfortunately unable to make it this weekend. However, I'm very interested in the Triumph Spitfire rally car. Someone please post pics.
Thanks, Brian
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

britracer89 wrote:Unfortunately unable to make it this weekend. However, I'm very interested in the Triumph Spitfire rally car. Someone please post pics.
Thanks, Brian
No such vehicle materialized, which was a bummer.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

There was a Sunbeam Tiger (replica?) there, though. Quite a bit of media is live on files.driven-daily now, but it is not sorted yet. We had a few corner workers who made use of the extra cameras I brought, I'll try to make them easier to handle/use for Philo and get them on the hill before the event starts.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I noticed there was a camera just after the last turn before finish on Sunday. Curious if it caught my car getting a bit sideways on my fastest run.
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

KevinGale wrote:I noticed there was a camera just after the last turn before finish on Sunday. Curious if it caught my car getting a bit sideways on my fastest run.
Almost all the footage my cameras picked up is on the server, I just haven't had a chance to look through it yet. Some of those cameras were on continuous record, so I (or someone) will have to go through and break those up into clips of cars, not just a 2-hour recording of trees that cars sometimes interrupt. I should know a bit more tonight, and am going to test the latest iteration of my video-chopper script (it's still really buggy, so I don't trust it yet).

Some cameras were also being used handheld, which means my video-chopper script definitely won't work (motion detection doesn't work when the whole image is moving).
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

britracer89 wrote:Unfortunately unable to make it this weekend. However, I'm very interested in the Triumph Spitfire rally car. Someone please post pics.
The Spitfire blew a piston 30 minutes before arriving at Ascutney unfortunately. Marc had to run in his Honda Accord instead!
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
paperpaper

Post by paperpaper »

I am unable to view the media link. is there something I should have set up to just view media?
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

My last run of the day.

Considering this was all done with a cell phone attached to my rear view mirror, I'm very happy with it.
I'll have to try the 720P or better settings next time.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

paperpaper wrote:I am unable to view the media link. is there something I should have set up to just view media?
Sorry for the interruption, try again now!