2015 Ascutney 1 Media Thread

drummingpariah
AntiSpam: No

2015 Ascutney 1 Media Thread

Post by drummingpariah »

Disclaimer: All files uploaded here are available to all other NEHA members, and by uploading you grant permission to use them for any purpose (commercial or otherwise). If you would like a private (encrypted) account that other members don't have access to, send me a message directly.

UPLOAD/View HERE
2015 Ascutney I Media
Pass: neha2015

I'm running this server so that we have a centralized place to store photos and video that our members can use for their own creations. You can upload through the website directly, or install an upload client (just like Dropbox) to automatically sync specific files to your computer. I have plenty of space left (22TB) so please feel free to load in-car, out-of-car, cellphone, etc video.

Otherwise, I recommend uploading to YouTube or Flickr and embedding your media into a reply here. This was a really excellent event, so I expect lots of good media to come out of it.
sachilles

Re: 2015 Ascutney 1 Media Thread

Post by sachilles »

I'm still amazed that I can do all this with a phone. This was my final run at 3:04.57 which I was a new best for myself, and I was quite happy with the improvement.
Most of the improvement is because I'm feeling more comfortable with the bottom part of the course. The lower part of the hill has been the toughest for me to commit to memory of all the hills. Weather was just about ideal, and grip seemed real good by the end of the weekend.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

I've had the most problem with committing the bottom part of Ascutney to memory also. I pretty much know it now but for the longest time I would get lost in spots. It just seemed like some parts looked a lot like other parts. The top has never been a problem that way. I still don't know it the way I know Burke or Okemo. With either of those I can close my eyes and drive the whole course in my head.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Between the tree of fear and check 3 is still full of doubts, but I'm at least a bit more comfortable.
I've very comfortable from check 3 on in terms of feeling like I know which way the road goes, but not necessarily which is the ideal line.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

KevinGale wrote:I've had the most problem with committing the bottom part of Ascutney to memory also. I pretty much know it now but for the longest time I would get lost in spots. It just seemed like some parts looked a lot like other parts. The top has never been a problem that way. I still don't know it the way I know Burke or Okemo. With either of those I can close my eyes and drive the whole course in my head.
The two right hand corners by check 2 and 3 always look the same to me, but have a different exit. I have to make sure I count checkpoints up until that point so I don't screw it up.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

My fastest run of the weekend :D
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Nice run Luke (darn bug!)... keep Kevin looking over this shoulder. Will be nice to see him actually shift more than twice at an event.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

My best run of the weekend was good enough to beat my personal best by more than 3 seconds. I'm pretty satisfied that I managed to keep my weekend so risk-free. There were no sphincter-up moments, and at no point did I feel out of control. There were many times where I thought, "I would have gone a lot faster there if I had a cage", but just spent the weekend committing a few more chunks of the hill to memory.

I do need to increase the input gain on my audio a bit, and the 'exhaust mic' proved to be close to worthless. That might be because my exhaust is still OEM (in tact catalytic converter and all), or because I couldn't find a good mounting point for the mic under the car, and left it in the trunk.
Last edited by drummingpariah on Tue May 19, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walterclark

Car #33 last run Sunday

Post by walterclark »

Should have been my best run of the day but the bumps after check 7 conspired to keep me from finding 3rd gear for what seemed like an eternity.

Still didnt set the world on fire... Trying to take it easy on the new transmission setup and slowly getting more comfortable with the non-boosted brake setup. I left the brake bias full forward all weekend as I felt I could wait a little while for rear out under braking drama.

The older I get the better I was.
Super1303

Post by Super1303 »

:D Had a great time this weekend :D , Tara already booked a sight for September. I'm there dude.
I found this hill to be a lot of fun and beautiful, yeah it's rough at the top but it didn't really spook me as much as I was led to believe, reminded me of running beater cars through the woods as a kid(and as an adult.... ;) ). I can't even say I had a favorite section I loved the whole hill. The technical parts were just everywhere which is how I like it so I give it a 10.

Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666