ascutney lodging?

rad rex
AntiSpam: No

ascutney lodging?

Post by rad rex »

Greetings all,

I'm finally getting back into hillclimb. I have never run ascutney and am planning on camping next year as most everyone seems to do. This year however , I need a place to stay. any hotel recommendations? I dont mind spending a LITTLE extra for a decent place. I don't want to stay in a fleabag motel like the rodeway in claremont for example. Also, will need a place that I can park a truck and trailer. Any thoughts?

Thanks
802Speed

Re: ascutney lodging?

Post by 802Speed »

Holiday Inn Express in Springfield or head north towards WRJ/Lebanon, everything else around here is pretty fleabaggy.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

The Common Man Inn in Claremont is a great place. Its a rebuilt textile mill-every room is different -built around the existing structure. The resturant is real good too. They are friends of the hillclimb group-we've had our banquets there the last few years.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

sdwarf36 wrote:The Common Man Inn in Claremont is a great place. Its a rebuilt textile mill-every room is different -built around the existing structure. The resturant is real good too. They are friends of the hillclimb group-we've had our banquets there the last few years.
This is all true, but parking for a truck and trailer there might be a problem.
The older I get the better I was.
rad rex

Post by rad rex »

Thanks for the responses folks. The everyman looks really nice. I'll call and ask if there is parking available for a truck and trailer.

Is there a place to leave a trailer at ascutney (like the big parking lot at okemo) or is space really.limited like at Burke?
802Speed

Post by 802Speed »

If you're unable to find accommodations for your trailer overnight, I live 3 minutes from the mountain and would probably be able to let you store it at the house for the duration of the race weekend.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

There is a grass field across the road from the campground that most people use to park their trailer for the weekend
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

There's a good sized lot for the common man. It's down by the resturant- to the left.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.