2015 Ascutney 2 Media Thread

Challenger392
AntiSpam: No

Re: 2015 Ascutney 2 Media Thread

Post by Challenger392 »

Unfortunately my GoPro flaked out on me and only took 5-6 second videos before shutting itself off :-(. So no videos from me this time. I was all excited about my under-car exhaust cam too.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

What is the best way to look at photos on the server.

I see these tiny tiny tiny (1/2" tall... many shorter) thumbnails.

If I click on the bigger image view (the four squares), either it grinds away and doesn't do anything or it shows me only four pictures.

If I click on a large view of the images, I discovered that if I put my mouse somewhere on the screen and use the roller ball it will go down through the images (doesn't seem to be in order) and is limited to the number it will show... they seem to slowly populate to allow me to advance forward, but it is slow.

Suggestions?
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

I don't have any better functionality yet, but that feedback is pretty useful to me. I'll look into the gallery feature and see if I can whip up a modification to have it generate large thumbnails ahead of time, rather than the tiny thumbnails you typically get. I have no idea what the mousewheel is trying to do for you here, but try the arrow keys instead.

Both of my typical workflows involve creating a user for myself on the server, which I'm happy to do for anyone who wants an account. However, if you're like me, you don't want to have to remember 'one more login' so I create these throwaway accounts that everyone can share.

My first use case is to use WebDAV to mount my user's shared files directly. It saves me from having to download anything directly, at the cost of speed.

The second use case is to use the sync client to download an entire event directory (or just the 'unsorted' directory and my '365' directory, so I can put anything with my car on it in my directory). This is certainly the fastest, and allows your computer to handle thumbnails, rather than my server.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

If I select a single image (the tiny thumbnail), the arrows do not do anything on the large image.

If the gallery view works (the image of the four squares / upper right side of screen) and I click on the play button I have the following:
1. The arrow keys may or may not work (it almost seems like the clickable region is different from the region that actually communicates the "next image" action.
2. Rolling the mouse seems to navigate to the next image (not in order, but I do get a different image on the screen), it seems like it is only viewing a small sample of the overall population. For example, 100 image population, it has loaded (so far) 10 images, then the roller wheel will scroll through the 10 images. As more images load, the more images I can access.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

I just tested the scrollwheel, and it appears to be scrolling down 1 'screen' at a time. Odd functionality, and I don't think I'll be able to patch that in a timely manner. However, I can give more useful thumbnails, and I'll be organizing media this weekend into appropriate directories for each car. This system is definitely still a work-in-progress, but I'm making consistent progress toward a more user-friendly experience.
SevenhundredS

Post by SevenhundredS »

I played a video but didn't get sound. I downloaded it and still, no sound. Suggestion?
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

SevenhundredS wrote:I played a video but didn't get sound. I downloaded it and still, no sound. Suggestion?
The slow motion videos don't have sound with them. They're just really high framerate videos (you should be able to play them back at 1/8 speed without any loss of quality).