Camping at the hill

shelbyeast
AntiSpam: No

Camping at the hill

Post by shelbyeast »

Hi everyone, Things are looking good for spring Auscutney. Please remember if you are in a camping spot after 11 AM on Sunday morning the fees for Sunday are owed to the state. Last year we had some problems in that area we need to take care of. Now we just need good weather. See everyone at the hill Don Taylor
walterclark

Re: Camping at the hill

Post by walterclark »

When I got up this morning I was sure I felt a disturbance in the Force.

I was right. Don posted on the hillclimb forum. :shock:

Next thing you know Mike Wilson will be posting here...
The older I get the better I was.
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Don has a computer?

More seriously...

Does anyone have a corner of a campsite for rent?

My normal hosts, #5 & Vanessa, are camper-less and are doing the hotel-thing. I'm searching for a space big enough for a 2-man-sized (1.3-man-capacity) backpacking tent and, maybe, a Miata. I'll be "pitting" in one of public areas because the tools are in Rich's truck and he's commuting, not camping.

Paul
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

walterclark wrote:When I got up this morning I was sure I felt a disturbance in the Force.

I was right. Don posted on the hillclimb forum. :shock:

Next thing you know Mike Wilson will be posting here...
:lol:
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

shelbyeast wrote:Hi everyone, Things are looking good for spring Ascutney. Please remember if you are in a camping spot after 11 AM on Sunday morning the fees for Sunday are owed to the state. Last year we had some problems in that area we need to take care of. Now we just need good weather. See everyone at the hill Don Taylor
OK that clears things up for me a bit. As long as I can remember I've had to pay for three days (Fri, Sat and Sun). I had heard that some people were only paying for two days and given the after 11 am on Sunday counts as another day rule I couldn't figure out how. You can't really even get around this by showing up on Saturday morning since if you want to go to your site before 11am you would still need to have paid for Friday.

Given that I'm sometimes at the campground less than 48 hours I can understand why it seems like we shouldn't have to pay for three days but those are the rules.
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

Paul, between Erik, Terry and myself we have two leantos for the weekend. I'm sure you can find space for your tent and the Miata.

Bring beer.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

DaveEstey wrote:Paul, between Erik, Terry and myself we have two leantos for the weekend. I'm sure you can find space for your tent and the Miata.

Bring beer.
Thanks. How much?
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

Million dollar question right there. Use your best judgment. None of us tend to show up empty handed anyway.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
Terry.Murphy

Post by Terry.Murphy »

Paul,

For the last two events I have handled both lean to site fees, Dave handles Friday night dinner, and Erik just bosses everyone around as lead wire punk. :D You're welcome to stay in our area. With me taking only the truck and equipment trailer up, we don't have to worry about my trailer and car so your miata won't bother the parking situation. There is a large field at the edge of the site that I am sure you can pitch a tent in. I'd ask that you only bring something tasty to drink on Friday night! We look forward to it.

-Terry
2010 Subaru Forester DD
1996 Legacy Outback Wagon - Winter Beater
2001 Impreza RS - Project Autox/Hillclimb/Track Car
Chief Geek

Post by Chief Geek »

Thanks.

Anyone dislike Long Trail or Harpoon?