BURKE 1 HILLCLIMB 2014

kindabratty328

BURKE 1 HILLCLIMB 2014

Post by kindabratty328 »

Hi Everyone,

Burke 1 is just around the corner!! Dates are July 11 - 14, 2014. Entry form and information are now available. Please, please, please, enter early. There is nothing worse than having to turn someone away because they are late entering and the event is full. Also, please let me know if you need a campsite. Burke is a GREAT event. Hope to see you all there.

Michele
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
Chief Geek
AntiSpam: No

Re: BURKE 1 HILLCLIMB 2014

Post by Chief Geek »

Please sign Rich and I up for campsite 9. Let me know if you don't have our registration forms.
"Christina", New #13/#55x, '90 Miata: In progress
"Keiko", Old #13x/#55x, '96 Miata: R.I.P.
Daily Driver: '11 Mazda2 (small cars... some men have nothing to compensate for)
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

You should have my registration and check from Sunday (I left it to Sherman). I didn't realize that we had to pay you for camping at the same time, sorry.
Hopefully my 24ft enclosed trailer will be ready and I'll be able to sleep in it. What site would you recommend to fit the trailer in? Or is there a parking outside where I should park to leave the camping spots to people with tents?

Rookies always have silly questions!
Thanks again
Manu
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

The questions ain't silly-not asking them would be. ;)
The campsites at Burke are small. 2 cars + a tent would fill them up. But there is a parking lot where we park our trailers -and those with large rigs camp up there. There is a foot path from the lot to the camp-2 minute walk. If you drive back to the lot, maybe 1/4 mile--hard packed dirt. Its a steep turn in to the lot-you might want to think about putting a couple more turns into the coilovers. :shock: And pulling off the hill + into the campround usually has a big dip that makes the low cars scrape too.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

Camp site 10 looks like it would have enough trees to hang a couple hammocks, could I reserve that one? I only paid for the event registration, not the campsite; I'll have to pay for that when I get there - will that work?
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

My entry will be in the mail soon. Can I reserve Campsite #20?
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

sdwarf36 wrote:The questions ain't silly-not asking them would be. ;)
The campsites at Burke are small. 2 cars + a tent would fill them up. But there is a parking lot where we park our trailers -and those with large rigs camp up there. There is a foot path from the lot to the camp-2 minute walk. If you drive back to the lot, maybe 1/4 mile--hard packed dirt. Its a steep turn in to the lot-you might want to think about putting a couple more turns into the coilovers. :shock: And pulling off the hill + into the campround usually has a big dip that makes the low cars scrape too.
Thanks for the heads up!

What is the fee to camp in the large parking lot?

Where is the staging area? Is it in the campground?

I have an AutoX the week before and changing ride height is a big job as I'll need to re-align and re-corner balance the car if I have to do that. I was hoping for something smooth :)
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I will let Sherm address the parking lot overnight fee - I think it is cheap.

The circuit the cars follow is to loop clockwise thru the campground and stage along the northern loop up to the rangers cabin. There are at least 2 pretty big dips in the campground road that compel me to remove my front fascia before driving thru so I would guess you would have front air dam and possibly center breakover clearance issues at a road circuit ride height. Also Burke in the past has had a few bumps in the road (probably rocks being pushed up) that are tricky to avoid completely - I straddle them - but I have tapped my splitter on them so a very low ride height might be a problem unless your lowest bits can take that abuse. That is part of hillclimbing in Vermont...
The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

....counterclockwise...

:D
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

uh...yea...the other clockwise...