BURKE ENTRY 2015

drummingpariah
AntiSpam: No

Re: BURKE ENTRY 2015

Post by drummingpariah »

I know that at some events, we've done a rookie run early in the morning. I don't know who will be running it though, or how excited they'll be to start that to make it back down for driver's meeting by 7:30(ish).
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

I'll be doing rookies. Preferably by 6:30 pm Fri-sometimes theres more than one group. If needed I'll do a run Sat morning. Also depends on if there is total newbies-or people that have run hills before.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

I can say that I found it to be relatively easy to drive by sight (at least in my low-powered Miata); There aren't too many surprise corners on Burke. Of all the hills, I'd say Burke and Okemo are the ones that require a rookie the least.
DaveEstey

Post by DaveEstey »

I'll do my best to be there for 6:30.
1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL (Hillclimb)
1987 Mazda RX-7 Sport (Lemons)
2008 Mazda MX-5
2015 Ford F-350
2007 Toyota Prius (the fast car)
http://www.DaveEstey.com
RacingFrog

Post by RacingFrog »

drummingpariah wrote:I can say that I found it to be relatively easy to drive by sight (at least in my low-powered Miata); There aren't too many surprise corners on Burke. Of all the hills, I'd say Burke and Okemo are the ones that require a rookie the least.
While I agree with you for Okemo I completely disagree with you for Burke. Burke has a lot of blind corners and treacherous crests, rookie orientation very recommended.
Or run in group 2 and hop with someone in group 1 for the fam run.
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

RacingFrog wrote:
drummingpariah wrote:I can say that I found it to be relatively easy to drive by sight (at least in my low-powered Miata); There aren't too many surprise corners on Burke. Of all the hills, I'd say Burke and Okemo are the ones that require a rookie the least.
While I agree with you for Okemo I completely disagree with you for Burke. Burke has a lot of blind corners and treacherous crests, rookie orientation very recommended.
It's entirely possible that I just wasn't going fast enough for them to be noteworthy factors.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

drummingpariah wrote:
RacingFrog wrote:
It's entirely possible that I just wasn't going fast enough for them to be noteworthy factors.
Most likely this. I dropped 10 seconds last year from my previous attempt at burke, and some corners certainly came up more quickly than I remembered. But being so steep, it is easy to slow down a bit quicker at Burke, especially with a light car, so it is a bit more forgiving when you forget where you are on the hill. It is definitely easier to learn than Ascutney (though I went up and down Burke more times before I could race than I probably ever will so I may have a skewed perspective).
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Lime Rock only has 6 turns-and all have a clean line of sight. And they don't let you out there without some instruction-fast or slow car.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.