Burke 2-where is everyone?

Pascal
AntiSpam: No

Re: Burke 2-where is everyone?

Post by Pascal »

I missed the pre reg deadline, but its looking like I can make it.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Moto-Joe wrote:
jkale wrote:Im hoping to get there early Friday to help setup the hill.. You guys need some help Sherm?
Ditto on that -

Sandy & I are planning on leaving MA early Friday AM so we can be there to help set up.
Joe,
Got you guys a better camp site. Your gonna be in #3 -direct inline with the staging line-down by where we do food + awards.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
Moto-Joe

Post by Moto-Joe »

sdwarf36 wrote:
Joe,
Got you guys a better camp site. Your gonna be in #3 -direct inline with the staging line-down by where we do food + awards.
Very nice! - looks like that will work out well.
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

Hey,
We need a wire truck. An open pick up would be best (no cap). You need to be able to communicate with the driver to start and stop.
Thanks, Brian
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Looks like I won't be there :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Michelle is likely getting out of the hospital tomorrow, so i am needed elsewhere! 8-)
Best to everyone, hope to see you all soon ;)
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Good times! Good weather. Couldn't quite beat Nick in his STI. We were close but I was chasing his pre-lunch time of 2:13.67. I ended up with a 2:13.89. Soooo close. Nick and I were 3rd and 4th overall behind Joey (2:00.21) and Sherman (2:02.16). The field was quite small (I'm guessing people were scared away by the weather forecast... which was wrong. Sunday was b-e-a-utiful). Working on video. Also, Nick will put together another side-by-side in-car of our runs.

Thanks to everyone that made this happen. It was great seeing so many drivers stepping up to help put this together. Joey and I were putting up the corner and checkpoint signs in the dark using my car (drove to the top and coasted down to do the signs). Realized that there were no stakes next to the signs that were placed (thrown out of the back of a truck) on the side/middle/woods-near-the road. Finished it up on Saturday morning. Charlie (Volvo) and I worked CP1 on Sunday and took video of both A and B until lunch.

First time I had to use the services of Mr. Taylor at a hillclimb.... for my truck. :oops: Two well placed holes that were exactly the distance for each of my right tires to drop into prevented any movement. Thanks to Don for his willingness to lift the front of the F250 straight up and swing it back on the road. I guess this isn't a great truck for off-roading. (I was just trying to move to the side of the road so that Don could drive by me)

Oh... and all the stories about Sharon are true. :mrgreen: (though, perception and reality are very different.... Rob Raposa's look must have been priceless)

Looking forward to Ascutney. I hope to have my 7 speed transmission and AWD system installed by then along with my Sneaky Peak NOS tank.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

My first time driving, and I had a blast!! I'm driving a diesel rabbit, so it's slow, but I still had a lot of fun...and improved by 15 seconds by the end of the weekend, so I was happy. The car didn't blow up, and I made it home, so that's success as far as I'm concerned :mrgreen:

Burke sure is a fun hill. I got a chance to work a checkpoint, and drive, so it was fun to see things from both perspectives.

Thanks to all workers, and to all the regular hillclimbers who are so welcoming to the rookies.

Hope I didn't blow too much diesel smoke at the workers :roll:
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Results have been posted.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com