Burke 2 Scheduling conflict...

jkale

Burke 2 Scheduling conflict...

Post by jkale »

How permanent are these dates?

Rally America's brand new European Style Rally Cross series starts on the same weekend of Burke 2.. I know a bunch of us SCCV'ers will be headed to NJ to compete in these wheel-to-wheel rallycrosses.. along with Don(I think he is doing tech for them)and maybe Walter...

I am hoping that these dates are not set in stone.. It would be nice to move Burke 2...The weekend before Burke 2 is Duryea in PA but the weekend after is not conflicting with anything..

What are the chances of getting that date shifted? :?: :?:
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
walterclark

Re: Burke 2 Scheduling conflict...

Post by walterclark »

Well Burke 2 is also on the RA eastern regional rally championship schedule, the RA site lists it but doesnt have a date posted (not sure who is keeping that stuff up to date, maybe Paul Giblin who set them up, I know none of us are), but it seems they have started conflicting with themselves. I sent a note to JB Niday.

I have no plans to go to the Rally-X in NJ. I do plan on being at Burke 2 and I havent heard Don say anything about it...I called to see but got his machine. Don IS going to the X-games which overlaps Okemo 2. We talked about that already to be sure we have wrecker and tech coverage at the hill (we will and I will do tech).
The older I get the better I was.
jkale

Post by jkale »

Well, hopefully JB will take care of it. That would save KSCC the legwork.

I guess the date of the 1st rallycross WAS one week later but they changed it to accommodate some foreigners who were coming over for the NJ event.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

This date also conflicts with the Gorman Ridge Rally (USRC) so most of the guys running that series wont be in NJ either. I will grant you that for some of the USRC teams in the east, California is not on their calendar.

Lets see...

Thats the Eastern Regional RA competitors at Burke
NEHA drivers at Burke
USRC drivers at Gorham

There arent that many extra rally cars to fill up 3 eastern events.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

I got a note back from JB. He indicated that they know about the Burke 2 date but moved the rally-x to that date because of a formula D event somewhere on the previous date. He did not indicate that any effort has been put forth to see about getting us to change our Burke 2 date. So maybe he isnt concerned about the overlap. Me either. My priority is supporting and running the hillclimb.

Oh, not that we could at this point, but I would not want to see our dates changed for anything like this.