BURKE ENTRY FORM POSTED AUGUST 27 - 29

kindabratty328

BURKE ENTRY FORM POSTED AUGUST 27 - 29

Post by kindabratty328 »

Hi everyone,

Burke entry form is posted under events/Burke. Many of you picke up your Burke entry at Okemo this past weekend. I'm sure that the first thing you did this morning was fill that our and send it in, so this next part isn't for you. PLEASE send your entry in early. Not only do you save money, but it helps us plan a better event. If you were at Okemo, you know what an awesome weekend it was any you won't want to miss another great weekend at Burke. For those of you who missed Okemo, you don't want to miss another weekend of good racing, good friends and comraderie.

In addition to getting your entry form in EARLY, you should make your camping arrangements. If you have a favorite campsite, please let me know and I will hold it for you. If you have never camped at Burke, there is a campsite map with the entry form. Campsites go fast, so don't wait. Don't even think about a hotel or a condo, camping is sooooooo much more fun. Prices for the different kinds of sites available are listed on the information page under the Burke event.

If you are aren't able to come and drive, please consider coming to be a worker. You will have the best seat in the house to watch these cars race up the mountain. Workers are provided with lunch on Saturday and Sunday as well as liquid 'refreshements' after the hill is shut down each day. Come work, reserve a campsite and enjoy an incredible weekend. A reminder to drivers, BRING WORKERS. We have been very fortunate to have plenty of workers for our events this year. Let's continue that trend at Burke! If you are interested in getting more informtion about working at Burke, post here, and Sharon Roof, our worker coordinator, will get in touch with you.

For those of you who always talk about entering BEFORE you get to the even, but never do (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) now is the time to get busy and do it!!! OK, done nagging for now, but you know I'll be back :D

Hope to see you all at the hill... Remember, Saturday night Sherman and I celebrate our anniversary and you are all invited for. We'll be making margritas or strawberry daquiris... haven't decided which yet.
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
sharonroof

Re: BURKE ENTRY FORM POSTED AUGUST 27 - 29

Post by sharonroof »

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to come up with something more creative, but as you all know, I'm looking for workers for Burke 2. Racing season is coming to a close. If you are willing and able to work, please let me know. If you know you will be able to work, please let me know if you have a preference to a checkpoint and what day.

Burke 2 is a special event. Michele and Sherm Baumann were married at the top of the hill 6 years ago. They celebrate by having a party, on Saturday nite, with margaritas and/or daquiries (sp) for all. Great camaraderie, great conversations, great reflections on what was, what could have been, etc., etc.. They are very special people, do so much for the Killington Sports Car Club, so I would hope that all who can, will show up.

Thanks to all the workers so far. Excellent Job!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!

Sharon
Moto-Joe
AntiSpam: No

Post by Moto-Joe »

sharonroof wrote:Burke 2 is a special event. Michele and Sherm Baumann were married at the top of the hill 6 years ago. They celebrate by having a party, on Saturday nite, with margaritas and/or daquiries (sp) for all. Great camaraderie, great conversations, great reflections on what was, what could have been, etc., etc.. They are very special people, do so much for the Killington Sports Car Club, so I would hope that all who can, will show up.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Sharon
Looking forward to it!

Joe & Sandy
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I will be there as a worker. Bringing video camera and regular camera this time. I think Julie also.

Request CP 1 on Saturday and CP5 on Sunday.

Thanks
Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
STI NICK

Post by STI NICK »

I will be there. I think laura will be to. Most likely both of us working.
Nick
sharonroof

Post by sharonroof »

Gotcha, Steve.

Loved the pic of the caterpilar, if indeed that was what it was.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

It was a caterpillar... thought it was kinda neat. Strange that it has antennae on both ends of its body... can't tell if it is coming or going.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

As Michele mentioned at the Okemo KSCC meeting - the club has to pay for all the campsites at Burke for the weekend. That means any sites that go un-rented and un-used by you and me ends up coming out of the club account balance.
The older I get the better I was.
squirrely_33

Re: BURKE ENTRY FORM(***ATTENTION***)

Post by squirrely_33 »

Hi everyone
I can't wait to see all of you at Burke Mountain! It is my favorite hill-climb venue!

As some of you may or may not know, I am co-chairing Burke. **My e-mail address on the info pdf. is NOT correct.** If any of you need to get a hold of me, by all means call my cellphone(339-222-7664), or contact me at squirrely_33@hotmail.com

We appreciate all the volunteer workers! Especially those of you with broken cars, who show up to help the cause anyways! I love all of you, and I love Hill climb!

Mike P
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

And as an added attraction-free viewing of the glowing moss! :D
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.