A Big Thank You!

BugEyeRex

A Big Thank You!

Post by BugEyeRex »

I just wanted to thank everyone that organized and worked Burke this past weekend. It is always a challenge to put on an event and this event had some extra challenges of entry flucuation, weather and having to shuffle workers on the fly. Everyone did a great job! A big thanks to drivers and workers whom worked thru the cold rain. I still managed to have fun while I was cold and wet!
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
walterclark

Re: A Big Thank You!

Post by walterclark »

Ditto. Tough weekend from a weather standpoint for the workers and I really appreciate those who came out and hung in there. Also a big Bravo Zulu to Samara in her first role as worker coordinator for the weekend and the "lets get some drivers working" cheerleader on Sunday when the turnout was less than required.
The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Saturday was terrible on the hill... a lot colder than I expected, windy, and wet. I was prepared for the wet, but wasn't prepared for how cold it go... freezing my hinny.

Please shedule the rest of the hillclimbs on warm and dry weekends.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

We'll take it up at the next "Safety Meeting" - sorry if I missed any at Burke!
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
drivingti

Post by drivingti »

This Weekend was a Group effort, we came close to not running Sunday but with driver workers we did it. Thanks to all!!!

Those of you that are part of the hillclimb community that could not make this event, you were missed.
jkale

Post by jkale »

Mopar 151 wrote:We'll take it up at the next "Safety Meeting" - sorry if I missed any at Burke!
Where is the "LIKE" button for this^^^^?
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
RRR-K2

Post by RRR-K2 »

Yes, a VERY BIG thank you to all the workers.

Although I'm primarily a rally person now (and we run/work in every condition except really bad fog), growing up I also spent a lot of time working hillclimbs in PA, so I know what it's like to be stuck "on the hill" in bad weather.

Also, even though I know some of you from rallying (and from semi-lurking on the old NEHA email list), thank you to all of you for making us feel welcome this weekend.

Matt Kennedy
www.RockyRoadRacing.com
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

I hope you younger hillclimbers are as good as tellin' tales around the campfire as those who preceded you-because I know the good stories of hillclimbs past all seem to be the ones in the worst conditions. ;)
(Mine? Chasing Deb Rutan in P2-her getting a dry run one car before me-I got sprinkles off the line-had whitecaps on the water running down from holding to finish! :shock: )
From B fam on,Sat was wet all day. Smart folks took it easy or took cover.
Sunday morning didn't look great-but the road was partially dry-and improved as the day went on. Then the fog came in... :roll: This isn't the weather I planned on as a chair :cry: -but at least I didnt get Ruth hit by lightning this year-so I'm geting better at it. :P
We had a bumper crop of rookies-which always is a good thing. A few folks were doing a Mt Washington shakedown-and special emphasis on saving equipment was the order of the day.
With so many of the regular players absent this weekend, Everyone else stepped up to the plate in an amazingly big way. I can't thank everyone enough for all the help.
A few special thumbs up--David Michael--he drove up from RI to help set up the hill-planned on doing a rallycross Saturday-but being cursed with the Dennis gene-was force by nature to show up at a hill with a non-running car. ;)
Dave Dennis-I always feel my back is covered whenever hes around-I glad he could be conned into staying the weekend.
John Hart-was he there? ;) I never saw him-he was always somewheres doing something to make the hill work. If someone told me he was working 2 corners at once, I'd believe them.
And Michele-shes the "woman behind the curtian" of these events. Besides working finish + checking you in, shes already has been working on the event for 2 months. Organizing entries-paperwork-remembering who likes to camp where-posting reminders-keeping up on whos going on all media sources-the list is endless.
I hope everyone got as much out of the event as you could-lots of people went out of their way to make it possible. Offer them a beer sometime! :P
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Yes....thank you workers and anyone else doing the million little tasks to make the event run. Mother nature tried her best to spoil our party, but we didn't let her rain on our parade(maybe that wasn't the best choice of wording). Happy to finally finish a Burke hill climb. As always great company to spend a weekend with.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66