Burke/Okemo/Philo Holdings new headset/speaker boxes

walterclark

Burke/Okemo/Philo Holdings new headset/speaker boxes

Post by walterclark »

This weekend the holding headset and speaker box (little off-white box within the ammo box with the volume control on it) got damaged.

The headset ear cushion has gone missing. It may have been wet and someone removed it for that reason. I do not have spares for this so please do not remove them. The headset has to be replaced.

And the speaker box was broken.

The new ammo boxes are set up with the speaker mounted permanently in the box and there are no wires to connect or extra length in the wires to move the speaker outside the ammo box. It is likely that the speaker was broken when someone tried to remove it from the box. In the future please just leave the speaker mounted in the box and adjust the volume as needed to hear it. The volume is on top as you look into the box.

I know that without the old lantern battery in the box and with the lid open it tends to tip over. I plan to fix that.

Also, when the lid is close to shut (before the lid is latched down) the speaker power is turned off so when someone manning that station leaves all they need to do is set the headset and PTT box in the ammo box and semi-close the lid with the cable to the wire hanging out the end opposite lids hinge. This will help keep it drier in poor weather.

Thanks.
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Re: Burke/Okemo/Philo Holdings new headset/speaker boxes

Post by sachilles »

Really liked the new setup. Didn't get to use it a ton. Certainly like that style head set.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66