BURKE 2012!

kindabratty328

BURKE 2012!

Post by kindabratty328 »

Burke 2012 entry form and information: http://www.hillclimb.org/events/event_burke.html

Hi everyone,

It's never too early to think about racing next year. Just a heads up to let everyone know that the dates for the first Burke next year will be June 9th and 10th, 2012. Now you have a reason to buy a 2012 calendar :mrgreen:

We are still working on getting a second date and will keep you posted.

See everyone at Philo.

Michele
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
BugEyeRex

Re: BURKE 2012!

Post by BugEyeRex »

Yahoo! I get to buy a calendar! Keeping my fingers crossed for a Burke 2.
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
kindabratty328

BURKE ENTRY AND INFO POSTED!

Post by kindabratty328 »

Hi everyone,

The Burke Mountain hillclimb is right around the corner... June 9 - 10. Entry form and info are posted right here on hillclimb.org. There is also a map of the campground. If you have a specific site that you would like to reserve, please let me know asap. Please send payment for your campsite along with your entry. Also, please note that members save $$$, soooooooooo BE A MEMBER. Membership forms are available at http://www.kscc.org. Fill it out and send it in with your entry fee. The two day road fees required by the folks at Burke are included in the entry fee. You can also save $$$ by getting your entry in EARLY. The late fee will be added on for anyone who waits until they get to the event to enter. And a reminder that there is a limit to how many entries we can accept, so don't delay :!: Send your entry NOW!!

This hillclimb will be a special worker appreciation event. Without their dedication and hard work, there would be no racing, and we want to give them a BIG thank you. We have a few surprises in store for them already, but would love to hear your thoughts on things that might make this event even more special for our incredible workers. You can email me at kindabratty328@aol.com or private message me here. That being said, BRING WORKERS WITH YOU :D You can never have too many workers!

If you are on Facebook, check out the 2012 KSCC event and stay up to date with all the news. Hope to see everyone there!!!!

Michele
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Hello everyone. Its that time of the year that our kitchen table becomes the nerve center of KSCC's summer events. 8-) Its all wiped down and cleaned-just waiting for entries. WHERES YOURS?? :twisted:
Since we all owe a debt of gratitude to the workers that allow us to have our fun-its time to give the workers a taste of our fun.
THE WORKERS APPRECIATION HILLCLMB. :D
Along with special gifts for the workers, I'd like to see that every worker that wants a fam run ride along -gets one.
Whats it gonna take from us drivers?
Obviously a passenger seat + belts. And your willingness to have a appreciative worker enjoy the fam run with you. I'll have a sign up list at reg. where we'll have something to put on your car letting a worker know theres an open seat.
Willingness to lend your helmet to a worker. B group lends needed helmets to A group fam. Maybe bring them to the drivers meeting to speed things up.
From the workers:
The sooner you sign up , the better. We may have split up a corner where one worker rides Sat-the other Sun. We'll see how demand is.
Maybe put a B group driver on a turn for the fam run.
We'll need extra hands to get radios set up on the hill and other details -so anyone that can help in that way will be appreciated. :)
Let Michele or myself know what you can to make this a great event! :D
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

Just an idea...I'm sure drivers would be willing to give rides to workers if they are allowed an extra fam run to do so (so they can give two workers a ride)
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

I'm gonna do my best to not short any drivers any hill time doing this. I still want to get just as many runs as normal-and not let any drivers get any extra runs. (We got rules against that ya know :twisted: )
dsldubn
AntiSpam: No

Post by dsldubn »

What about camping? how do we reserve a spot? I think i'll need one..
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Just say please. 8-)

Site 24 is yours. The boss sez send in your entry + camp $. ;)
dsldubn
AntiSpam: No

Post by dsldubn »

thanks Sherm...and let the boss know that I already sent my entry (and club dues) out...but I spaced the camping part. How much is camping? I can send that check out or bring cash
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

Don't worry about it... just bring camping money with you. It's $50 for the two nights. See you there :D