BURKE HILLCLIMB 2013

kindabratty328

Re: BURKE HILLCLIMB 2013

Post by kindabratty328 »

RallyLass wrote:Just curious. I was just on the Burke Mountain website and it has the toll road closed this weekend but says nothing about it being closed on the weekend of the Hillclimb. Also it doesn't list the hillclimb on its event calendar? Just thought it was interesting, any thoughts? :?:
We have our permit from the state and have been in close contact with Burke. They are definitely expecting us :D

Will call tomorrow to see what's up with the Burke site.

Michele
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
RallyLass
AntiSpam: No

Post by RallyLass »

kindabratty328 wrote:
RallyLass wrote:Just curious. I was just on the Burke Mountain website and it has the toll road closed this weekend but says nothing about it being closed on the weekend of the Hillclimb. Also it doesn't list the hillclimb on its event calendar? Just thought it was interesting, any thoughts? :?:
We have our permit from the state and have been in close contact with Burke. They are definitely expecting us :D

Will call tomorrow to see what's up with the Burke site.

Michele
I wasn't concerned about the hillclimb not happening just thought that the mountain was missing out on possible advertising and drawing from different market pools. And also the opportunity to bring awareness to hillclimbs in Vermont.
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

Challenger392 wrote:Put my registration in the mail, looking to have a camp site on the edges somewhere (10?) Is there space somewhere to store a trailer other than in the camp site? I'll have 4 vehicles plus a trailer so a spot to put the trailer other than the camp site would be nice.
I've reserved site 22 for you. I'm not sure it can fit four cars, but it's the biggest site still available. ;)

You might have to leave a car or two up in the trailer lot.

Michele
Challenger392

Post by Challenger392 »

kindabratty328 wrote:
Challenger392 wrote:Put my registration in the mail, looking to have a camp site on the edges somewhere (10?) Is there space somewhere to store a trailer other than in the camp site? I'll have 4 vehicles plus a trailer so a spot to put the trailer other than the camp site would be nice.
I've reserved site 22 for you. I'm not sure it can fit four cars, but it's the biggest site still available. ;)

You might have to leave a car or two up in the trailer lot.

Michele
Thanks, I look forward to seeing everyone there
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

KSCC folks...I had mentioned that I'd get a fire extinguisher for Burke. I still don't if i'll be at the hill yet (will know early next week) but will get it to someone regardless.

Question is this: would a 10lb abc be ok? I think we said we needed a 5lb. West Haven Volunteer fire department donated a 10lb, I picked it up today. They did not have any 5lb extinguishers. I'll keep looking for 5lb if, or just buy one if needed..
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

10 pounders are good for the checks. 5's for incar. So that works for us. Thanks! Now go finish you car! ;)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

Just five campsites left at Burke. Only tent sites left. If you need a site, let me know.

Michele
Mopar 151w2

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Just need a place to hide - near this will work Image
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

You're covered John-normal spot shared with the club trailer.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

dsldubn wrote:KSCC folks...I had mentioned that I'd get a fire extinguisher for Burke. I still don't if i'll be at the hill yet (will know early next week) but will get it to someone regardless.

Question is this: would a 10lb abc be ok? I think we said we needed a 5lb. West Haven Volunteer fire department donated a 10lb, I picked it up today. They did not have any 5lb extinguishers. I'll keep looking for 5lb if, or just buy one if needed..
If you can get it to Northfield(you are still in Randolph?) then I could transport to Burke. My Brother in Law Bucky lives in Northfield, and I'm am sure he'd take custody of it, and I could get it from him. Pm for directions.

Or I have 2+ gallons of veggie ready to go, if you are looking for a road trip to my place.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66