Burke I Video

STI NICK
AntiSpam: No

Burke I Video

Post by STI NICK »

It was my first time driving Burke. What a fun hill. It was a great event with lots of runs. Thanks everyone.

Here is one of my better runs. I still need to work on a few corners.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoW80QD4_NU
Nick
wnabhillclimber

Re: Burke I Video

Post by wnabhillclimber »

Awesome video!!! Great driving this weekend. I was working check 4 half of saturday and all sunday and must say I was impressed! Can't wait for the next one....... :D
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Thinking about the speeds that the cars are going by check 1, it must have been a little scarey to sit there (being so close to the cars). The one thing I didn't like was being able to see the people at check 2.... if I got off line (you know, the scared little girl line of hugging the grass on the inside of the corner) then check 2 might be the next stop....
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Some photos by Marcel (root of 2009 events).... a few more to come.

http://vermontracing.com/gallery2/main. ... emId=40319

I will work to put together the start-line video that I took.

My in-car video of my last run.... a few errors (was looking forward to one more run). I think this resulted in a 96 mph speed per the radar at check point 1. I need AWD!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGrHbTqv6Ag

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
skivittlerjimb

Post by skivittlerjimb »

Great videos! Nick, the camera you're using seems to have great frame rate and the light balancing is just about perfect. Man that's a lot of time in 4th gear. :shock:

Quick tip on posting them on YouTube - to get the benefit of "video SEO," and perhaps have people more easily find the NEHA web site, include the "full" URL in the video description area. (http://www.hillclimb.org) YT will see that and automatically make it a hot link to this site so folks don't have to cut and paste into their browser address bar.

Can't wait to run Burke II in August.
-Jim B.
'92 GVR4 280/1000
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Nice pictures by Marcel - the man has an eye......
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
jkale

Post by jkale »

yes, very nice pictures Marcel. I like the one of me at check 5 on 3 wheels. Nice shot.
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
jkale

Post by jkale »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Thinking about the speeds that the cars are going by check 1, it must have been a little scarey to sit there (being so close to the cars). The one thing I didn't like was being able to see the people at check 2.... if I got off line (you know, the scared little girl line of hugging the grass on the inside of the corner) then check 2 might be the next stop....

I know that line all too well..
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

jkale wrote:
Rabbit Farmer wrote:Thinking about the speeds that the cars are going by check 1, it must have been a little scarey to sit there (being so close to the cars). The one thing I didn't like was being able to see the people at check 2.... if I got off line (you know, the scared little girl line of hugging the grass on the inside of the corner) then check 2 might be the next stop....

I know that line all too well..

Well--I worded it as the "sh*t I turned in too early again" line. :lol:

Actually, with my car, from the turn 10 sign on I can pretty much flat foot it thru there. Years back when i still had a locked rear in the car that turn was REAL spooky.

I noticed too that they looked close to the road--we will have the workers setting back farther next time.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
jkale

Post by jkale »

Yeah, I know wha tyou mean. On my last run, I turned in soo early I dropped into the grass on the right... :shock: Ill upload it as soon as Pierre sends it to me..

Post up your fastest run Sherm...
-Joey Kale #111
Kale's Custom LLC.
802-448-3790