BURKE 2 (Yes, really!!)

sachilles

Re: BURKE 2 (Yes, really!!)

Post by sachilles »

There are a bunch of photos on Facebook in the New England hillclimb association group.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
downhilly
AntiSpam: No

Post by downhilly »

Good weekend report Seth. It only further supports my tundra tire warming start :D
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I heard it inside the van at my camping spot. Had a rather unique sound that could only be a truck roasting tires meant to last 100,000 miles.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
Kent Everding

Post by Kent Everding »

Seth, you are Hired! haha
Kevin, I think you may have competed a good portion of the season with a lurking transmission issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osZAYPUuxgc
In this Ascutney video, when you grab 4th at :30, :54, 1:08, 1:27 and 1:38 the shifts sound as all the others do.
When you grab 4th at 1:47 something sounds a little fishy. Next at 1:58 there is a very distinct 'Clang' and again at 2:10.
At 2:37 you still have your foot in it but that shift to 4th sounds normal. I don't hear anything odd after the incident.
IDK, just something I noticed while trying to get the lay-of-the-land for next month!
05 STi #109
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Kent Everding wrote:Seth, you are Hired! haha
Kevin, I think you may have competed a good portion of the season with a lurking transmission issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osZAYPUuxgc
In this Ascutney video, when you grab 4th at :30, :54, 1:08, 1:27 and 1:38 the shifts sound as all the others do.
When you grab 4th at 1:47 something sounds a little fishy. Next at 1:58 there is a very distinct 'Clang' and again at 2:10.
At 2:37 you still have your foot in it but that shift to 4th sounds normal. I don't hear anything odd after the incident.
IDK, just something I noticed while trying to get the lay-of-the-land for next month!
I think that clang at 2:10 (also around 1:57) is something inside the car like a passenger side harness flying around.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com