Okemo #2 (2013) Photo and Video thread

sachilles

Re: Okemo #2 (2013) Photo and Video thread

Post by sachilles »

Looking at my data from the event, I was slower in the long straight, but seemed to be making up time in the twisties above the ambulance turn. I still feel like there is still a lot of time in the twisties that I could have made with the car as it was this weekend. If you screw up one set of corners, it penalizes you in the next set as well. Certainly felt like the car had more slip on the tires I ran this event. One of these days I'll have some tires younger than Andrew. :lol:
I felt like I was slipping pretty good at check one, which made me chicken out and lift at turn 4. Seemed to have no grip past check 2. If I didn't get the corner at check 3 right, I'd be slipping coming out of the corner and that would cause a drop of 1-2 mph on the long straight. That being said, those tires were fun as heck to run on. While not the best grip they were consistent. I was able to get the data overlay started on the video of my fastest run. So it should be ready for upload to youtube tonight. A quick look at Walters video shows I had a higher speed in the straight, so I'll be curious to see where he shaved the extra 1.5 seconds.
Quite happy with the 2:38.49 considering my previous and first visit gave me a 2:41.14. Still have a lot to learn about that hill, but I do enjoy it.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Chief Geek wrote: Walter
You looked pretty comfortable while doing personal-best times, that has to be a good thing. I noticed that you were the 4th fastest runner with doors and the fastest, by a good margin, without forced induction nor cylinders the size of 1-gallon jugs. Great job. If we were to bolt Steve's engine into your car, Kevin & Sherman would need to worry.
Thanks. I am happy with the car as a package now. Good handling, good power. A few places I could probably carry more speed and a couple I could brake later but they always look like I am running out of road in real time (right there behind the wheel as opposed to in a chair in front of my computer).

Regarding overall...Of course there is Sherm. And there are quite a few cars with an X in their number...Some could go faster if not for that. Not to mention the very small S1 class this time out.
The older I get the better I was.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Reserved number list is on this page:
http://www.hillclimb.org/rulesregs.html
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

My in car.
The data still seems slow to react. Need to figure out what is going on. Changed a couple of things in hopes to make for better video on youtube.
Also should have a faster SD card for my camera for burke, which will allow for better recording quality options.
My cam does 60 FPS interlaced or 30 frames progressive. This is 60 interlaced, any idea if 30 frames progressive would be better?
Sachilles
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I like the overlay.... is the boost scale a percentage of the total amount of boost your car can make (and therefore it never hit 100% due to some issue) or is it a percentage of an arbitrary PSI figure?
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

You can set the scale on the gauges. I think my max boost is 12.6 psi. I think I set the scale from 0-13. For some odd reason I don't think I even hit 12.6 on the run. It may be that the peaks in boost didn't happen at a moment in time the that an entry was recorded in the data log. There were some big gaps in data, so the overlay smooths it out.
Sachilles
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Upon looking into it, it's 2.3 seconds between each log entry, which is far to slow. :lol:
Sachilles
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

I think I've found the setting to fix it. Have it moved down to 0.2 between logs entries. :oops:
Sachilles
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Is this something that I can borrow for a run at Ascutney? I'm curious how my runs work. Unsure who info my OBDII would communicate to it as I am standalone, but I suppose speed could come from there and RPM.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

You are welcome to try it, but I'm unsure if it will work. Is your original ecu still in the car to talk to?
Sachilles