OKEMO I 2014

sdwarf36

Re: OKEMO I 2014

Post by sdwarf36 »

RacingFrog wrote:I'll be coming in the afternoon. Where do we meet to help out?
When you pulling into the parking lot-on the right side will be a short bus with an awning. See Michele (who'll also be signing in drivers + workers).
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
drummingpariah
AntiSpam: No

Post by drummingpariah »

If anyone is interested in getting an inexpensive action cam that works surprisingly well for this, I highly recommend the 1080p Pyle action cams (I didn't spring for the extra $100 for wifi control though). I don't expect these to stay available for long at this price, so get 'em while you can!
http://tech.woot.com/?ref=gh_tc_2_s_lnk
Taylor_Racing

Post by Taylor_Racing »

The car is finally together and it looks like we will be able to make it this weekend. Our registration form will be in the mail tomorrow if you still have space on the roster.
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

The car is finally together and it looks like we will be able to make it this weekend. Our registration form will be in the mail tomorrow if you still have space on the roster.
Glad everything came together. If you mail it tomorrow, I should have it in time. Will add you to the list today.

Welcome!
Breathe in... breathe out... move on.
hammer

Post by hammer »

drummingpariah wrote:If anyone is interested in getting an inexpensive action cam that works surprisingly well for this, I highly recommend the 1080p Pyle action cams (I didn't spring for the extra $100 for wifi control though). I don't expect these to stay available for long at this price, so get 'em while you can!
http://tech.woot.com/?ref=gh_tc_2_s_lnk
Luke sent me a link to these. I just picked up one of the 720p versions for $40! Seriously can't beat the price!!
Sam Moultroup
http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/
--------------------
2015 VW GTI
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1985 Honda Nighthawk S
britracer89

Post by britracer89 »

The link provided brings me to a floor speaker. :?
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

britracer89 wrote:The link provided brings me to a floor speaker. :?
http://electronics.woot.com/offers/pyle ... tion-cam-3

Its a deal a day, so the homepage changes. I have a few of the 720p cams, but found them to be hit or miss. Roughly half of the 720p ones I ordered were DOA so I just stopped messing with them altogether. The 1080p ones use a completely different board, housing, and design. My biggest complaint about both is that the batteries aren't interchangeable. Once the battery dies, its dead and you can't use the can until its recharged.
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

Hi Michele,

I just found that I can make it on Sunday...so if there's still a slot I'd like to enter and just run Sunday...entry and check will hit mail today

Jason
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

dsldubn wrote:I just found that I can make it on Sunday...so if there's still a slot I'd like to enter and just run Sunday...entry and check will hit mail today
You are good for Sunday. See you on the hill :D
kindabratty328

Post by kindabratty328 »

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Okemo Hillclimb this weekend is officially full. We will not be taking any more entries. If you have sent in your entry or have been in touch with either Joe Warner or me to hold your space you should be all set. Any questions or concerns, please get in touch with me. The information for registering for Burke 1, July 11 - 13, will be posted to hillclimb.org in the next few days. Register early. Don't be left out!!

As exciting as this is, I hate to think that we will be turning people away... seriously, get your Burke entries in ASAP. :shock:

Michele