OKEMO 2... IS OFFICIALLY FULL!!

RacingFrog
AntiSpam: No

Re: OKEMO 2... IS OFFICIALLY FULL!!

Post by RacingFrog »

drummingpariah wrote:Speaking for myself, I don't see 2% as a monumental difference. That's less than average fuel price fluctuation from town to town, so I could offset that cost by watching for the inexpensive gas stations along the way. Motorsportreg is significantly more convenient for me, as well. Just my $0.02
I agree and most credit cards will get you at least 1% cash back, so the cost is really not much. I'd be happy to pay the extra $3.20 for the convenience of MotorsportReg and that would also make the registrar work much easier!
--
FrogRacing: Because Frogs can climb too!
http://frogracing.us
http://www.facebook.com/frogracing
skimobile

Post by skimobile »

Don't forget credit card companies charge the vendor/event organizer a surcharge of approx. 3% of each sale vs 0% for using a check to pay for entry fee. I would imagine that cost would be passed on as an increase in the entry fee amounts. Is it much, no, but it should be considered.
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

skimobile wrote:Don't forget credit card companies charge the vendor/event organizer a surcharge of approx. 3% of each sale vs 0% for using a check to pay for entry fee. I would imagine that cost would be passed on as an increase in the entry fee amounts. Is it much, no, but it should be considered.
I agree, it's easy to keep adding on extras if they're "only 3%" but suddenly you have 5 services that all add 3% on, and you're up to 15% ... and wonder how things got so expensive. I suppose the best would be to offer two payment methods, and just pass on the card surcharge fee to those who want that convenience (I would go for it, personally). That's one more thing for organizers to worry about, though.
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

just to clarify, bringing a camper to the event and putting it in the parking lot is ok, correct?
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

dsldubn wrote:just to clarify, bringing a camper to the event and putting it in the parking lot is ok, correct?
Yes.
The older I get the better I was.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

FYI, I hope to be there by lunch time on friday(with Andrew) and will help set up as best as we can. IE, I'll need some tasks that Andrew can "help" with.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

Looks like a chance of T-storms on Saturday (subject to change in another 5 minutes, welcome to New England). Sunday looks like it'll have some water falling out of the sky, but probably not electricity.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

Work things are conspiring against an early arrival.
But on the positive side, I'll likely be running Scrappy.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66