Post by sachilles »

Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
aphillips66
AntiSpam: No

Okemo 1 pictures

Post by aphillips66 »

http://smu.gs/OnoLgN

Here are my still photos from the weekend. I'll put together a video from the footage Joe and I got with our GoPro video cameras.

;)

Edit: Video has been made and included. 8-)
Last edited by aphillips66 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RallyLass

Re: Okemo 1 pictures and video

Post by RallyLass »

Here are my photos from the weekend. It was a great event and can't wait for Okemo 2. http://alass.zenfolio.com/p835318226

Super Chicken first run on Sat.

Kevin Gale first run Sunday. (Group B)
aphillips66

bikes video

Post by aphillips66 »

honda#72

Post by honda#72 »

Last edited by honda#72 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

honda#72 wrote:
Nice high speed parking!

On a more serious note I'd like everyone who has said to me. I'm standing on the inside of the turn so I'm safe to watch this.
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

KevinGale wrote:
honda#72 wrote:
Nice high speed parking!

On a more serious note I'd like everyone who has said to me. I'm standing on the inside of the turn so I'm safe to watch this.
That one freaks me out a little too, since I was at the checkpoint the prior day. Fairly certain I was pretty close to where he backed in.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

sachilles wrote:That one freaks me out a little too, since I was at the checkpoint the prior day. Fairly certain I was pretty close to where he backed in.
I was sitting on the inside of a corner at Philo and had a car land on its roof within reach of me. I never even had time to get out of the chair. I think about when I sit when I'm working a whole lot more ever since then. One place that often bothers me is check 4 at Ascutney. People often sit on a picnic table on the outside of the turn. They say "Oh there is a big ditch a car won't get to us" but that is total garbage. A car coming in hot will either jump the ditch or just hit it and then the car will start tumbling. The picnic table should be on the other side of the ambulance since it's big enough to stop a car.
honda#72

Post by honda#72 »

KevinGale wrote:
sachilles wrote:That one freaks me out a little too, since I was at the checkpoint the prior day. Fairly certain I was pretty close to where he backed in.
I was sitting on the inside of a corner at Philo and had a car land on its roof within reach of me. I never even had time to get out of the chair. I think about when I sit when I'm working a whole lot more ever since then. One place that often bothers me is check 4 at Ascutney. People often sit on a picnic table on the outside of the turn. They say "Oh there is a big ditch a car won't get to us" but that is total garbage. A car coming in hot will either jump the ditch or just hit it and then the car will start tumbling. The picnic table should be on the other side of the ambulance since it's big enough to stop a car.
I have to say that some of the places workers and photographers have been has scared me a little before,and has caused me to lift or not take chances in those spots. I know when and if I go in, it is very likely going to be backwards and in a spot that may not be expected. We may want to review a few certain check point's worker placement.
1997 cc + Vtec + 9,200 rpm fuel cut = Fun !
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Check 2 and Check 6 at Ascutney has always bothered me.... driving right at the workers.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com