Corner, Start, & Finish workers

smokey15

Corner, Start, & Finish workers

Post by smokey15 »

Kudos to all of you. It was a pleasure knowing I had reliable, alert, and competent people working with me. You demonstrated your qualities, especially on Saturday, when to no fault of our own, we rallied against a number of odds, including animal, weather, and some driver error. With all of the delays, each driver completed two runs, eventhough we had to shut down early for weather. Sunday, each driver completed three runs, and some got four. Then again, the weather came in and took us off the hill. Our communication equipment worked well and when needed, we relayed information via the handheld radios. Thanks again to Walter for letting Roy and I use his little walkie talkie set to communicate between start and pit-out. That alone made a lot difference in allowing us to us to efficiently use the limited time we had before the rains came.
I hope we have an opportunity to work together again before the end of the season.
Thanks to Earl for all of the behind the scenes work he does to make this a successful event. And of course Sharon, especially for her efforts in securing and assigning workers; our wire crew/s for putting-up and taking down the wire; the Gales for all of the work they do; and Don & Walter for the thorough tech inspection.
If I missed anyone, I apologize.
Looking forward to the 2013 Okemos.

Smokey