2013 Philo Official video/photo/discussion thread

BugEyeRex

2013 Philo Official video/photo/discussion thread

Post by BugEyeRex »

The season is now over and Philo is in the books. Thanks to everyone that came out to drive and a HUGE THANK YOU for everyone that came out to work. Many hands came out to help set up the hill which we appreciated immensely. We had so many workers (more than drivers) it made the hill run smoothly. I can't thank everyone individually but there are a few people that I would like to acknowledge:

Amanda, James and Laura for taking care of lunch and missing most of the action.
Kevin Boczar for getting up incredibly early to blow clear the hill making the course the clearest it's been in years.
Julie for heading the worker drive.
Vanessa for doing worker coordinator.
All the driver's that could not drive but showed up to work.

And finally Nick for doing control! It takes a lot for and injured man to come out and drive the wire truck and endure pain to help us out!

A very quick report to those that did not make it:
The road conditions were the best we have seen in a long time (I never have seen them this good). The pavement had plenty of grip and the air temperature was great for HP. The proof was many people had there personal bests. The sun was out and overall the weather was good. Plenty of runs even though the wrecker had to roll twice. Unfortunately there were a few victims: squirrel, sign and sadly a car.

This year we tried a did try a few different things. What did you like? What did you not like? Please don't be shy. We are trying to make Philo run smoothly!
Chris Rielly

93 Blue Impreza 4dr (toy)
02 Blue WRX Wagon (toy)
98 Green Civic 4dr (basic transport)
08 Red GTI 4dr (toy when given permission from the boss)
Challenger392
AntiSpam: No

Re: 2013 Philo Official video/photo/discussion thread

Post by Challenger392 »

How to narrowly avoid disaster, and kill a sign.
Luke Moultroup
Technical Support
Pratt & Whitney Engine Services

http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
1972 Dodge Challenger 318
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7
2004 Mazda 6
Howe Modified
1989 Suzuki GSXR1100K
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

What a great event! I've started sorting through some of the footage from the weekend and organizing clips by cars. I've only gone through 25% of it, there are a lot of long clips that need to be trimmed down into individual cars, then I'll concatenate all the clips from each car into a single video.

Please upload any media you'd like to share to my server. Instructions are in my signature. I just ordered another 20tb worth of drives and rented some extra rack space so I could add a second server, and I'm more than happy to house NEHA media from everyone. I only ask that you stick to the current file structure and put your media in the appropriate car's folder. If your media includes multiple cars and needs to be split up, just upload it to the 'unsorted' folder and I'll work my way through it.

When I concatenate car-specific clips into videos, it's EXTREMELY helpful for me to have a full start-to-finish in-car or on-car run. That lets me fill in the gaps between clips from corners and workers. If you're going to upload anything, let it be that.

I'm working on compiling a web-based video editor to replace the small ffmpeg/avconv scripts I've been using, then everyone would be able to process/modify/combine videos directly on my application. That's going to take some time, but I'm shooting for having it ready to go early next season.
SevenhundredS

Post by SevenhundredS »

Here are some pics I got from check 1, 3, or Holding
https://plus.google.com/photos/10802876 ... 7739036449
RallyLass

Post by RallyLass »

Had a great saturday cooking for everyone that came out and getting some chances to photograph everyone.

http://alass.zenfolio.com/p233614707/e448dfa8
hammer

Post by hammer »

Since I was racing this past weekend and not working, I wasn't able to get my usual batch of photos of everyones cars. But I was able to get a couple videos of my own. One at start and another in the car.
Start

In-car
Sam Moultroup
http://moultroupracing.blogspot.com/
--------------------
2015 VW GTI
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
1985 Honda Nighthawk S
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

I got 10gig of video of the sky shot from the outside of the last turn-'bout 20 ft past the bump. :oops:
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
94MiataM

Post by 94MiataM »

Best run and organized Philo I've ever attended. KUDOS
Dennis Rielly
SCCV & NEHA #194
94 Miata M
Co-driver of "MUTT" (93 Imprezza)
drummingpariah

Post by drummingpariah »

sdwarf36 wrote:I got 10gig of video of the sky shot from the outside of the last turn-'bout 20 ft past the bump. :oops:
My server has plenty of space, I can increase the upload filesize limit for you if you want to stash it somewhere. You finally found that camera, I take it?
Last edited by drummingpariah on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

sdwarf36 wrote:I got 10gig of video of the sky shot from the outside of the last turn-'bout 20 ft past the bump. :oops:
Maybe weather researchers will be interested in watching the cloud patterns.