Trailer wheels

SevenhundredS
AntiSpam: No

Trailer wheels

Post by SevenhundredS »

Does anyone know where I can get a spare wheel for my trailer? It is a custom (read: home made not by me) job and I can't find numbers on it. The wheels are open hub with 4 bolts and about 8" I.D. I'm told they might be from a camper or similar from the 60s, maybe Chrysler because the left side is left hand thread and the right right.
The current tires are 225/75 R15
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8LEUu ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8LEUu ... sp=sharing
Rabbit Farmer

Re: Trailer wheels

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Don't forget the "ST" part of the tire number when getting another tire. ST = special trailer

I don't know the rims.... perhaps a mobile home from the 60's? I think the old KSCC trailer had similar looking rims (unsure where their old trailer ended up)
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

My trailer has those same wheels/hubs. I am going to re-fresh the brake system and was considering replacing the wheels/hubs at the same time. So I potentially have 4 wheels and hubs available if I decide to go that route.
Mopar 151w2

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Old KSCC trailer was shredded at Schnitzer, after being stripped. In any case, it had the 5-bolt clincher mobile home hubs.

I've seen the 4-hole wheels, on OLD stuff - but the OP lives in that universe, and I spend a bit o' time there myself. See if you can find an RV/camper junkyard, they'll likely have a pile.
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Now might be a good time to update to modern stuff. etrailer.com is cheap + easy to deal with. And with free shipping over $100-you can save big time on heavy things. ( like the 90 lbs I had when i did a complete install of trailer brakes. :o )
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.