NHOR-Landcruisin builds another Subaru

Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Re: NHOR-Landcruisin builds another Subaru

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Johh... I was thinking the same thing. If the harness goes down to the holes and then has the correct angle it seems that something might be wrong. Effectively, the seat (upper section in this case) would take the brunt of the impact as the harness would try to make a straight line between shoulders and the harness bar.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Number_5 wrote:Got my interest. Is it possible to be too tall for the openings in the seat?
John M
I have seen some seats with low openings where a tall person would have an issue. It has become more of a problem since people started using Hans which will raise the height of the strap at the shoulder by as much as an inch. I have seen the problem mostly with seat models made before Hans devices came out. I dont know about the aluminum seat makers but the makers of the FIA seats dont approve altering the openings either.
The older I get the better I was.
Landcruisin60

Post by Landcruisin60 »

I had the same concern about the belt holes. I did a little research and I think I'm going to end up going with a Sparco Corsa. The seat back is taller than most seats I've found and the slots for the belts are pretty tall. Though at $800, I probably wont get it until next year.

Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

I have those seats in my car... you better have a tiny behind.
Landcruisin60

Post by Landcruisin60 »

I may be tall but I'm not very big around. I'll have to introduce myself and test out the seat when your car is back to hill climb ready.
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Sounds like a plan.
Mopar 151

Post by Mopar 151 »

Just a reminder - the Kirkey seat I reccomended earlier in this post is not only available in sizes, but in made-to-measure. That's part of why I bought mine. and why I rave about how comfortable it is.
Because it IS tall enough, the harnesses actually get more comfortable when pulled tight!
John and Michelle Reed
KSCC Life Member
NEHA # 151
Landcruisin60

Post by Landcruisin60 »

Mopar 151 wrote:Just a reminder - the Kirkey seat I reccomended earlier in this post is not only available in sizes, but in made-to-measure. That's part of why I bought mine. and why I rave about how comfortable it is.
Because it IS tall enough, the harnesses actually get more comfortable when pulled tight!
Ah yes I forgot about a Kirkey. If I can find someone locally that has one I can sit in I'd like to try it. From the looks of them they dont look very comfortable to sit in for a few hours...but if you say they're comfortable I'll believe you. :P
Landcruisin60

Post by Landcruisin60 »

Havent really done much. My donor car is going to be delivered Saturday...FINALLY! So I finished painting my cage. Going to paint my engine bay the green that my wagon was in preparation to paint the entire car at some point. Atleast I have what, 6 months until next season? I think it'll be done. :lol:

Landcruisin60

Post by Landcruisin60 »

So its been a month and a half. The car now has WRX front and rear suspension, dash, engine trans etc. Just got it running tonight.