NISMO Stuff Hillclimb/Rally/Desert build...

spalind
AntiSpam: No

NISMO Stuff Hillclimb/Rally/Desert build...

Post by spalind »

since I plan on running the vehicle in the '11 NEHA series I guess its time I introduce myself...The build is based on the old mid-80's factory Nissan team that Roger Mears was a driver for. The truck is meant to be a multi-purpose race vehicle going from SCCA Rallycross to Stage Rally to Hill Climb and to desert racing.

Some pics of it here:

The rest of the details of the build from the vehicle's purchase slightly over a year ago until now can be found within various posts within my blog: http://nismostuff.blogspot.com/
KevinGale

Re: NISMO Stuff Hillclimb/Rally/Desert build...

Post by KevinGale »

Well you probably won't have ground clearance or suspension travel issues. :D
Rabbit Farmer

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

Welcome. Are you planning on driving at all the NEHA events (Ascutney, Okemo, Burke, Philo) this season? Would be an interesting vehicle to see at the hills.

Steve
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
spalind

Post by spalind »

Rabbit Farmer wrote:Welcome. Are you planning on driving at all the NEHA events (Ascutney, Okemo, Burke, Philo) this season? Would be an interesting vehicle to see at the hills.

Steve
Yes, at the moment I am planning on all of them. The truck is "almost" ready (though we all know how that goes). The engine is small, only a 2.5L NA 4 cyl and its 2WD so, being as unfamiliar with NEHA rules I'm not sure what class I'll fit in but I agree, it should be fun out there...
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

nice, really cool truck. Looking forward to seeing this thing!
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Welcome!
Finally-the perfect vehicle for the top half of Ascutney. :lol:
I'm just guessing here-but I'd say you'd most likely end up in P2 or P3.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

Hey Dan,
Nice to see you made it to the hillclimb forums. Can't wait to see the truck once its done! Most likely P3 if you run prepared class, not sure what it would be in SP (5?). The basic difference between prepared and street prepared is race slicks vs dot tires, plus some additional safety requirements for P, all of which I'm pretty sure you have covered. Will you be at any RallyCrosses before Ascutney?
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
spalind

Post by spalind »

3rdgendennis wrote:Hey Dan,
Nice to see you made it to the hillclimb forums. Can't wait to see the truck once its done! Most likely P3 if you run prepared class, not sure what it would be in SP (5?). The basic difference between prepared and street prepared is race slicks vs dot tires, plus some additional safety requirements for P, all of which I'm pretty sure you have covered. Will you be at any RallyCrosses before Ascutney?
It will be running street tires--All Terrains is you can believe it! I spent all my budget on everything else...nothing left for another set of asphalt tires! Don't know on the Rallycrosses...its possible but not likely. The moment the truck is done it will be at as many rallycrosses as possible. I talked to my suspension builder in Cali today and he thinks two weeks from now before I have the new spindles and UCAs/LCAs in my hands and then it will be a matter of fabbing the shock mounts and bolting everything on...so the end is in sight for this years build...so, so, so, so close...
spalind

Post by spalind »

Lower control arms now done, next up the UCAs...
http://nismostuff.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... -done.html
Not All There

Post by Not All There »

been meaning to see this truck in person for a while now, very fun looking ride, will be awesome to see out on the hill. Good luck with it
Aaron Matthew
"The Ugly Panda"