Scrappy-the Subaru

sachilles

Re: Scrappy-the Subaru

Post by sachilles »

Oh, it will be plenty fast for me. Just curious on the difference, especially combined with the 4.11.
I used to autocross the wagon quite a bit.
So with the less weight, better tires and different gearing, it'll be fun to see what kind of difference it makes.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
YenkoYS100
AntiSpam: No

Post by YenkoYS100 »

Nice work! Glad to see you got it all back together. Hopefully I will get my car up to par, and maybe someday make it to a hillclimb. My car has been to the hillclimbs back in the '60's and '70's with the second owner.
Rick
YS100
#27 Oct.'72 Ascutney FTD 3:10.8
http://www.hillclimb.org/general/histor ... y_fall.pdf
Nov.'71 3:11.9 Ascutney
Nov.'70 3:20.4 Ascutney
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

YenkoYS100 wrote:Nice work! Glad to see you got it all back together. Hopefully I will get my car up to par, and maybe someday make it to a hillclimb. My car has been to the hillclimbs back in the '60's and '70's with the second owner.
Cool that you have the results and it was an FTD! Also interesting that last Ascutney the average time was a 3:20 and a 3:10.80 would have been 19th place. It's amazing how much technology has pushed down the average time.
YenkoYS100

Post by YenkoYS100 »

KevinGale wrote:
YenkoYS100 wrote:Nice work! Glad to see you got it all back together. Hopefully I will get my car up to par, and maybe someday make it to a hillclimb. My car has been to the hillclimbs back in the '60's and '70's with the second owner.
Cool that you have the results and it was an FTD! Also interesting that last Ascutney the average time was a 3:20 and a 3:10.80 would have been 19th place. It's amazing how much technology has pushed down the average time.
Thanks for the info! I think that with the '72 technology, if you finished 19th. today, it would be great! :D That would be 19th. out of how many entries? When I get it done, and if I can make the trip, I'd be happy to run, and be able to put it on the trailer in one piece, and come home. :mrgreen: I feel the car needs to do what it did before, instead of being some garage/show queen.
Rick
YS100
#27 Oct.'72 Ascutney FTD 3:10.8
http://www.hillclimb.org/general/histor ... y_fall.pdf
Nov.'71 3:11.9 Ascutney
Nov.'70 3:20.4 Ascutney
sachilles

Post by sachilles »

YenkoYS100 wrote:
KevinGale wrote:
:mrgreen: I feel the car needs to do what it did before, instead of being some garage/show queen.
I like the way you think.
Sachilles
02 Subaru impreza (Donut) #66
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

We haven't had a Corvair in-oh-8 years or so. :)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

YenkoYS100 wrote:Thanks for the info! I think that with the '72 technology, if you finished 19th. today, it would be great! :D That would be 19th. out of how many entries?

There were 48 entries. Please bring it sometime. We would love to see it. We may even have people who remember the car. George Young was in your results and he is at pretty much every Ascutney hillclimb.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

Anyone know anything about the Electric car?
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
dsldubn

Post by dsldubn »

I'm also interested in the electric car info.. I helped build an electric Scirocco about 12 years ago or so. I drove it from NYC to Washington DC too...always thought it'd be awesome to resurrect it with some light batteries and run a hill.

awesome to have the results from back in the day, thanks for posting those.

sorry to clutter up your thread Seth...looking forward to seeing your car finished with a turbo motor! ...but will be bummed to see you leave sp5
Jason Orzell
VW Rabbit turbo diesel, the green soot shooter
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

One more off subject. Anyone know what the start and finish were for those results? Seems like the short course, but...
The older I get the better I was.