Project 505

rabbithead

Project 505

Post by rabbithead »

Since there is no more SP3 in 2wd the thunder bunny will be in SP2 in will not be that competitve, so I'll be more competitive in SP2 in the Pug.... My father blew the motor the last Ascutney on the first run after he found out Ralph had the BOV spring in backwards. He went up on the first timed run and forgot how his 2 10 PSI boost gauges work and after 3 year after getting back into the old rc after the STI, the car is slower compared to the STi. I had bought fresh Vitorracers for the 505, my rabbit needs a set of tire and door swap and paint, rear pads and rotors. This only needs a new block, which we took out 2 turbo motor right before winter... My father is back finally after a month that it seem like of a vaca, and auction. Business has started to be better after this horrible winter.... 4 hours yesterday and the motor was out of the car, today brought the new donor motor in, degreasing, have hd gasket need a front crank seal...
$450 @ cost Windsheild yay!
Old motor out...
Donor motor degreased.
sdwarf36

Re: Project 505

Post by sdwarf36 »

:D :D Way cool! Always happy to see that car at a hill.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

You do know that cars like Thunder Bunny with less than 1.060cc/lb (that were in SP3 previously) will go to SP5, not SP2, right?
The older I get the better I was.
rabbithead

Post by rabbithead »

No I thought it was like the old rules, that you can go up in class but not down....
This weekend we put the old head on the newer block and torqued it down. The old block had 2 pistons with blown rings!
So it's painted ready to go back in 2nite.
Rabbit Farmer
AntiSpam: No

Post by Rabbit Farmer »

walterclark wrote:You do know that cars like Thunder Bunny with less than 1.060cc/lb (that were in SP3 previously) will go to SP5, not SP2, right?
Walter is talking about the new classes. What used to be SP3 is now called SP5.
Go Fast VW & Audi parts at FastAddiction.com
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

Rabbit Farmer wrote: Walter is talking about the new classes. What used to be SP3 is now called SP5.
That is correct - that is what I meant. Since Thunder Bunny used to run in SP3, unless you want or need to move up, its class in the new system would be SP5.
The older I get the better I was.
rabbithead

Post by rabbithead »

Yeah it doesn't matter anyhow now, I may just sell the Thunder bunny now :idea: . Motor is going in now, and will be running by 2nite. I did front pads rotors WBs on the used and abused truck last night, alongside with summer tire changeover so not much done to the Pug last night.
rabbithead

Post by rabbithead »

She's a smooth fire breathing, tank.
rabbithead

Post by rabbithead »

So both the 505 & STI were in the 4th of July parade here in Williston, and the 505 didn't make it through the whole parade without the radiator popping and puked anti and steam went everywhere, I had to find a less populated spot to park it... So I just ordered one these overnight from Summit, cheaper than I thought it was going to be $267 with overnight, and no more warped front rotors, god the French do things differnent the early hubs ont these are nothing like a VW or Audi...
rabbithead

Post by rabbithead »

Long time since a post on this I wreck the old car @ Okemo...
Blew the Pistons in the new car @ Burke @ 14 PSI but was running lean and to much advance timing.
Block is getting bored today, for the 92mm pistons
Gotta call Cosmetic get a headgasket, they already have the grid the old motor from #45 is in the car presently in the new car and is @ 18 PSI with a Cosmetic HD gasket
Tear down of the danielson bottom. Bad predetet, one of the worst all the Pistons are bad...
Scared the Block but it's fine
Danielson polished & matched crank
Stock rods VS. Dani polished & matched rods
Waiting on Mike Caron to free up some space for paint....
Found the Danielson headers, want to go with a T3/T4 flanged turbo to match the headers