mini austin project

minirally
AntiSpam: No

Re: mini austin project

Post by minirally »

the car is not finisched yet.....but i work hard to be ready...thanks for your advice,very helpful.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared
minirally

Post by minirally »

finally i,m ready !!! registration send for Burke,motel reserved ! The only thing to do...buy the beers for tech inspection !! :lol: Wait to see you all in person.
Oversteer is when the passenger is scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Great Andre! Burke has a large parking lot you can fit your big trailer if you want to camp. (This is a fun event to camp out at-everyone's campsite is their pit-"town" is about 8 miles away. Most people stay and it makes for great campfire parties.)
Friday evening I'll be giving rookie orentation-so you'll get a first look at the hill. And in the morning we do a "familiarization run". Its a 1/2 speed sighting lap with all the cars running as a group. We run rain or shine-so bring tires for both.
Ask any questions you need to--and be ready to have a whole bunch of fun! 8-)
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
minirally

Post by minirally »

hello..... i,m very nervous for my first hill climb in life....but a good thrill !! Happy to see you all in person at burke 2, one question, can my girl friend and is daughter (10 years old ) be worker for the event ? if so, they do it, thanks !
sdwarf36

Post by sdwarf36 »

Sorry-need to be a minimum 16 years old to work on the hill.
Translating road racing to hillclimbing:
Proper tire selection== nothing hooks up on moss or wet leaves.
Staying on the racing line==anything paved is considered good.
minirally

Post by minirally »

Hello everyone ! I have a question, do you think my car can compete in the mt washington event ? for now i disasamble the car to put a more powerfull engine 320whp and modify the suspention ;) if i have to do something to be legal for the race..it is time to know. thanks .
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

minirally wrote:Hello everyone ! I have a question, do you think my car can compete in the mt washington event ? for now i disasamble the car to put a more powerfull engine 320whp and modify the suspention ;) if i have to do something to be legal for the race..it is time to know. thanks .
The way to get the best answer is to contact Don Taylor directly as he is the head of tech for CTTC. His number is on the CTTC web site in the roll cage requirements section at: http://www.climbtotheclouds.com/2014-ro ... uirements/ He did tech on your car at Burke and I expect he remembers it well.
The older I get the better I was.
minirally

Post by minirally »

great,thanks you, i,ll contact him.
minirally

Post by minirally »

Hello everybody, take this time to tell you all, (the great people i met..and the others i meet later ;) to have a very good chrismas with your family,you are a great family,take time to enjoy,and work on the car lollll. i,m now member of Sports Car Club of New Hampshire, i work very hard to be with you next season and have fun.

i,m rebuilding the car to Don Taylor spec, also put a nissan s14 2.0 turbo engine (already done),hoping to see 320 whp..and work on the suspention too...since at Burke,i know now...not a race circuit set up !! :D

Have fun, and see you next years
Super1303

Post by Super1303 »

minirally wrote:Hello everybody, take this time to tell you all, (the great people i met..and the others i meet later ;) to have a very good chrismas with your family,you are a great family,take time to enjoy,and work on the car lollll. i,m now member of Sports Car Club of New Hampshire, i work very hard to be with you next season and have fun.

i,m rebuilding the car to Don Taylor spec, also put a nissan s14 2.0 turbo engine (already done),hoping to see 320 whp..and work on the suspention too...since at Burke,i know now...not a race circuit set up !! :D

Have fun, and see you next years

I wish you as well a great holiday season! I can't wait to see your car again, your alright but your car is very cool! ;)
Hello, my name is Evan and I'm a Volksaholic.
1973 Super Beetle, #666