FIA Safety Superiority? Not so fast....

3rdgendennis

Re: FIA Safety Superiority? Not so fast....

Post by 3rdgendennis »

As I understand currently, the specifics of the cage rules are "strong recommendations". Could we not just "strongly recommend" that people check with a tech inspector before purchasing material for a cage or before showing up unannounced at an event? It is ultimately up to the tech inspector to allow or disallow a vehicle from running anyway. Just searching for a solution...even if temporary, until something better is figured out. I missed the rules meeting this year, so I don't know exactly what was discussed. Just offering ideas while I have nothing better to do in the airport...
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports
walterclark

Post by walterclark »

So everyone knows. There is a group working off-forum, consisting of members of all 3 clubs, trying to come to a consensus on this. We seem to agree that there needs to be a minimum (and maximum) stated in our rules, but what they are and how that is stated has not been agreed to.
The older I get the better I was.
Mopar 151w2
AntiSpam: No

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Walter is absolutely correct, the offline group is working on a solution, which will address most of the concernexpressed. Nick's public spanking is seperate from the solution - has a lot more to do with dumbing discussions to the lowest common denominator.
STI NICK
AntiSpam: No

Post by STI NICK »

John you know how to get a hold of me. If you have a problem with me contact me. If you wan to continue to make the hillclimb forum and people look bad with your rants, poor choice of words and childish behavior. Find another place to do it.

This thread is going to be locked.
Nick