Electric car at Climb to the Clouds

jdemeis
AntiSpam: No

Electric car at Climb to the Clouds

Post by jdemeis »

I just saw that Tim O'Neil is running a full electric vehicle at 2014 CTTC. Interesting development considering all of the safety and procedural concerns that were voiced by the technical stewards at the NEHA annual meeting. I am curious how these concerns were addressed on such short notice?
Mopar 151w2

Re: Electric car at Climb to the Clouds

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

JONCOFF

Post by JONCOFF »

I wish I'd spotted this topic last week. I'm going to Washington with the electric racecar, and have some info on it. Check out evsr.net, and click on documents, and you can view/print the safety manual for the car. I think it'd be of interest to some of you. I gave Walter Clark a copy of it when I was at Okemo last weekend, and talked with Dale Girard Tuesday, who's handling emergency services for Washington, (Golden Cross and Speedway Services.) and he found it and was happy to have it.
The car is new, having been running only about four months, so it is still in development, (what racecar isn't in almost constant "development"?) Think Spec Racer Ford, so the chassis, suspension, brakes, etc are good. Battery life and power delivery continue to be improved. The car for Washington has had a front hoop, and bars to the rear hoop, added to deal with the cage requirements for hillclimbs, versus roadracing.
The original car, (there are two completed so far), ran the "Tail of the Dragon" hillclimb in North Carolina in March, and both cars have had several test/development days at Lime Rock and Summit Point. The tracks are happy to participate with something "new." Andy Lally jumped in one of the cars, and "diced it up" with the other during a break in the Continental pro weekend activites at Lime Rock over Memorial Day weekend. And the two electric cars ran with everybody else during sprints at Lime Rock with IMG on Memorial Day.
So we're hoping for a respectable showing at Washington. We're sure Tim will find all there is in the car!
We want to have a good time. We want to show the cars. We want to answer anybody's questions, certainly also on safety. I hope this is helpful. Jon Coffin.
3rdgendennis

Post by 3rdgendennis »

I saw the cars at Lime Rock over Memorial Day weekend. Pretty cool. I also saw a post on FB of one of them getting cage updates, as they only had roll bars at Lime Rock
The youngest David Dennis
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"
Dennis Motorsports