Coilover shocks?

britracer89

Coilover shocks?

Post by britracer89 »

Looking at a set of GAZ gold series height adjustable coilovers for the rear of the old Triumph. I also came across QA1 coilovers from Speedway motors at about 1/2 the cost but are designed for hot rods. The car is pretty light so I'm thinking the compression rebound adjustment would be on soft to med side. Springs about 180-200 range.

Any thoughts on the QA1 set from Speedway motors?
Thanks, Brian
Mopar 151w2
AntiSpam: No

Re: Coilover shocks?

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

It's all about the amount of damping force - for most American built racing shocks, there is a single digit for approximate damping force, i.e. #5, #3, #8.

I'll try and find the shox you listed as primary choice, and come up with QA1/Carerra, ProShocks, and AFCO numbers.
KevinGale

Post by KevinGale »

Shocks seem to fall into black magic territory. I still remember trying to figure out what shocks to use on the Mod. Talked to lots of people and no one could really give an answer. At least half the people said to buy adjustable shocks and try different settings until I found something that worked. John did finally take his best guess and I've been real happy with the result.
Mopar 151w2
AntiSpam: No

Post by Mopar 151w2 »

Brian - my best guess, without a lot more #, is that you want a #4 valving on your shock. Speedway is a good source, as is Coleman Machine. If you need more info, give me a yell. To those reading over the shoulder, this breaks down to selecting a shock, picking out a matching "coilover kit", and finding a spring in the listing.